Audio Precision ATS-1 on the bay good deal

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I have a 1932? South Bend 13" lathe. ( Another resto project) South Bend kept library card type records of every sale right fron the beginning. Even through several new owners using the name. Now Grizzly Tool owns it & for $25.00 they will pull the card & send file via email.
Mines first owner was a Hollywood area motion picture business & I bought it from a shed on top of an Arkansas mountain.
OK, off topic, but sort of cool & the pain meds are working fine.......................

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Could be. I don't know if their brand has been chinesed or not. I don't think so.
I only found out about this because I have a couple South Bends & the machinists forums have a South Bend section with many fans of the old iron.
Of course the real machinists are in the Monarch & Hardinge sections.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
OK, so here is the deal with the new Portable One.... It does Fail 1 test on the Self test

the result of running the test is .21dB it is not a hard failure and it can be adjusted. It was also done cold (warm up time should be an hour)

TEST 5.7 QPK DETECTOR -0.20 dB 0.07 dB 0.20 dB

So this was a SCROE in my book. It should not affect anything. If I wanted to get it cal'd, it would fix it in a jiff. I think I can use my other unit to adjust it bu using the unit for cal.

I tested a WOPL and have the results so I'm going to run it again using the portable 1 and see if anything jump out. Plus, it's in great condition.

Well, I was out in the shop and I had the Audio Precision P1P fired up (actually had it running several hours between some testing on a WOPL and the Carver M-1.0t's and I was knob-dickken around and was at the self test screen so I say's to myself... WTF, haven't run it for a while, it's good and warmed up so I hit the button. Well WTF... It passes ALL THE TESTS now and figured out that they get more precise when you let them warm up for a couple hours. The book says like an hour but mine will pass all the tests with proper warm up. Now I know I got a really good deal on it as the previous owner posted that it failed one test (as above states) but we didn't wait long enough for warm up... Cool, maybe I'll sell this one off and find a DD like Lee's or go back to one I can print off of with current USB shit.... Hmmmm...