Ronnie Scores a Hat Trick (3rd 700B WOPL)

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hi Mark
The original PL700 was a mongrel and has a transistor pattern that does not line up with the pattern that soon became the standard on the 700B and Series 2.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I've never had one to notice the difference of the transistor pattern. There is one for sale on Craigslist, and I think I will leave it there.
Thanks.

macaw1us

New Around These Parts
I was fishing around on the Bay and it lead me to this forum...
Not for sale but I have a 700B upstairs in the Original Box since I'm the original Owner ;)
I have all my stuff from when I was stationed in Germany from 1974-1977.
Pre-amps, Power Amp, Dual 701 Turntable, Teac 7700, 2 Revox's, DBX's, JBL Control Room Monitors, Tuner...
Still have it all most in the Original boxes...

Ronnie's amp showed up to him in perfect condition. Guess I'll go out and finish #3 700 series II. Can't find any 700B's to WOPL. I have a couple buyers waiting in the wings but nothing available.

Thanks Ronnie, it's been fun (AGAIN)!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I was fishing around on the Bay and it lead me to this forum...
Not for sale but I have a 700B upstairs in the Original Box since I'm the original Owner ;)
I have all my stuff from when I was stationed in Germany from 1974-1977.
Pre-amps, Power Amp, Dual 701 Turntable, Teac 7700, 2 Revox's, DBX's, JBL Control Room Monitors, Tuner...
Still have it all most in the Original boxes...

So, what is your question or issue?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
That stuff does no good in boxes. Speaker sound really shitty when they are in the box, amps overheat when in the box, and you can tell what station you are on when the tuner is in the box. (I was in Germany from 79-81, Wildflecken)

macaw1us

New Around These Parts
Just pointing out they are still out there...
I didn't know they were being rebuilt, and I was wondering what the advantage or the need was.

They will be coming out in the next year or so, building in Colorado my Forever Home..

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
As for the need to rebuild, don't think they will perform like they did 40 years ago. Caps age, Transistors age. Ticking time bombs for sure.

macaw1us

New Around These Parts
Sorry,
I just thought it was funny I stumble on you out of the blue and I made a comment on my Amp.
I can see I was wrong, I'll forget I was here and move on...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
That stuff does no good in boxes. Speaker sound really shitty when they are in the box, amps overheat when in the box, and you can tell what station you are on when the tuner is in the box. (I was in Germany from 79-81, Wildflecken)

Guess he didn't understand my humor.