Rack handles

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Wanted to put some rack handles on a series one 400 I have and really like the 700B style so I started searching the www for any options. Found some inexpensive rack handles (drawer pulls) that looked to be the ticket so I ordered them up. They arrived while not quite as “girthy” as the pictures looked the style is similar the a 700B.

Attachments

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Sorry, we will need P/N's, Company Name, URL, Price, Location, you know, all the stuff that a person would need to steal your idea for their own use and then only give you credit if they were super cool.

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Might ask this guy where he got them from:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293108159753
The handles on Phase Linear series 2 products came from an entirely different vendor which was located in either New York or New Jersey. The manufacturer made them in a variety of different finishes. I'm not sure exactly which finish Phase Linear opted for. This company was bought out by another company many years ago. I haven't contacted them yet.

Trying also looking up "wire drawer pull handles" on ebay. The center-to-center distance is the key here as well as the diameter, screw size, and finish.

Ed

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I wanted a chrome look on my 700b rack handles to go with the new black faceplate. It took a lot of time & compound standing at the buffer to get the finish off. When I did, I was quite surprised to see how many pits and other casting flaws that finish was hiding. Not really typical of anodizing in my limited experience. Usually to prevent corrosion with the added benefit of adding some color. Not a 'body filler' .
I wonder how they did that? Things like this keep me up at night.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
These are available in satin nickel, brushed aluminum and polished. Also available in 96mm OC (series 1 400 and 700b) and 128mm OC (series II 400/700)

Attachments

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
A couple more pictures in case your thinking about using these, I don’t want anyone to think these are a “MATCH” for original 700b handles, they are just an option. To reiterate these are less “GIRTHY”, less “SUBSTANTIAL” and more “SHALLOW” than original 700b handles.

From left to right:
Original 700b handle, 96mm recently found handle in silver satin, Perry’s repop’d handles from last batch, 96mm recently found handles in brushed aluminum, 128mm handle in brushed aluminum.

IMO Perry’s (WOPL Sniffer) repop’d handles are by far the closest, highest quality piece you can get, he may or may not have any left but drop him a PM if anyone needs the closest match.

Attachments

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
Amerock Dulcet

96mm for PL400 series I/PL700b
BP27020-G10 silver satin
BP27020-AA anodized aluminum
BP27020-26 polished aluminum

128mm for PL400 series II/PL700 series II
BP27021-G10 silver satin
BP27021-AA anodized aluminum
BP27021-26 polished aluminum

Should find them for $5-$9 each

Available EBay, Amazon, Home Depot etc......

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
I contacted the guy on ebay that was selling the 96mm version. Have ordered the parts (black and satin) and will have in about a week. Free to all forum members under one condition. Need to use them on a series one amp you currently own. PM me your address and how many amps you have. Ed, you don't count :)

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
If response is big you may need to give me some time to get my shit together!

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
I contacted the guy on ebay that was selling the 96mm version. Have ordered the parts (black and satin) and will have in about a week. Free to all forum members under one condition. Need to use them on a series one amp you currently own. PM me your address and how many amps you have. Ed, you don't count :)
Fred,

Only half my amps are series 1's.

Does that make a difference? LOL!

Ed

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

Series 1????? There are 700's, 700B, and 700 Series II's.....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I don't remember any amp carrying the "Series 1" designation. But I have been known to be wrong. Some may CALL them "Series 1"