New Music coming out

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Hey Mark, are these remastered Lps? CDs? Who did the mastering? Where can I get more info? Thanks bud!
So far I bought three of the remasters, my copy of Ummagumma is a nearly perfect British pressing so I won't replace it (just yet...).

Of those three (Saucerful, Piper, More) mastered by Bernie Grundman, James Guthrie, Joel Plante. You can see Bernie Grundman's "BG" in the deadwax. I've only found one credit that they're being pressed at RTI.

Fresh vinyl, (re)mastered with some degree of pedigree. No polycarbonate in this house...

EDIT: Oh... more info can be found at Discogs. I'm getting to be a rabid fan of Discogs- if you've ever tried to post a release in their database you'd know that they strive for absolute accuracy, so I consider them to be more reliable than most.

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Doug! ! Good seeing ya post and as usual thanks for the heads up.
Cheers, Dave! Been busy working the past few months and have a bit of a break until the snow flies. Hope I can help you find something that might float yer boat.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
These are new vinyl cuts of the previously digitally remastered stuff. It's a money grab after the last vinyl money grab.

The next three Pink Floyd albums are out on the 23rd... (Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Obscured by Clouds)

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Lets be honest, for the most part, the whole vinyl craze thing going on is a complete money grab. Way too many re releases of titles that arent needed. Also way too much hype around colored, and heavy weight vinyl, along with deluxe packaging and so forth.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Just charging what the market will bear, while playing on the desire of new vinyl de'votees to be included....

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Lets be honest, for the most part, the whole vinyl craze thing going on is a complete money grab. Way too many re releases of titles that arent needed. Also way too much hype around colored, and heavy weight vinyl, along with deluxe packaging and so forth.
For the record, I won't be buying any of these ... but for that vinyl head that wants nicely constructed jackets and something cleaner sounding than 'old originals', it's interesting and could be a point to jump. What tweaks my brain is the frequent re-issuance of material like 'now it's somehow better than the last go around and the purist is going to look at digital source on these in particular and say ... "WTF?". I did put my hands on a new copy of 'Meddle' and seeing the original textured cover was cool. But not worth $28 USD.

But hey, people are gonna choose to spend their money as they wish. Have at it !

(The Devin gig was kick ass btw)

Last edited:

Nick Danger

IMG_1769.jpg

Blind Melon~ Soup

Analog Spark is reissuing this hard-to-find LP Friday on both black and colored wax. Mastered by Kevin Grey from the original tapes, pressed at RTI.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Gotta agree with you guys, I heard that Lou Gramm was the new vocalist and got excited, then listened and God, someone get him on fire...where's that golden rock voice??!!?? Eric Woolfson hard to replace!! Paul Rodgers would be nice if he's not too busy...

As a rabid fan, I'll get anything out!! It's Alan F'n Parsons, one of the most prolific producers of all time, only one with his own band and access to the best musicians round!!

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I give props to Lou for trying to keep on keepin' on but after his medical stuff, he's not the same singer. Sad but true.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Neither is Kevin Cronin, etc. Good lord, these guys are pushing or already in their 70s.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I saw Sammy Hagar's 70th birthday bash with Eddy Money and a few others and none of them can sing worth a squirt anymore but hey, they are in their 70's. Even Steve Perry's voice is suffering. Getting old sux. After seeing some old acts on Fremont Street over the last few years you can see why they are playing on Fremont and not selling out stadiums. By the way, Vince Neil DOES weigh 300 lbs........ :)

Go down in a pile of flames and gunfire instead of diapers and compression socks.