For Sale TASCAM 42NB Very Nice cond. works excellent

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Up for sale is one of my tascam 42NB's... It's got some new parts, all pots have been cleaned and lubed
Does NOT COME WITH REELS OR TAPE
Comes with hubs

I replaced the Pinch Roller with a new one from TerrysRollers.com
It's been cleaned of the old grease and relubed
The tape path has been cleaned and cleaned gain
The heads are in great shape
This deck works and sounds excellent. I have a new one (New to me) and can't justify have two (or four)......
It is in very nice shape (usually these broadcast deck see some rough use) and it took me a while to find this one and my new one which is even in NICER condition.
There are a few scratches and scuffs.
Give me a shout if interested

IMG_5411rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5410rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5409rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5408rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5407rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5406rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5405rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5404rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5403rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5402rs (2208 x 1656).jpg

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Hey Perry,
Nice deck man, but I have two decks already .
but I spotted a 700 series two in pic one. Is the faceplate like the ones you are having made or whats up with it.
thanks,
jM

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Hey Perry,
Nice deck man, but I have two decks already .
but I spotted a 700 series two in pic one. Is the faceplate like the ones you are having made or whats up with it.
thanks,
jM

Hey Mike, no, that's a stock S2 face plate.....

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Thanks Perry.
Yep that is what I thought it was. Those Faceplates with the notches and square corners were an option order for rack mounting.
Didn't know if you were having that style made. I like the sharp square corners over the typical rounded ones.
Cool thanks,
jM

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Thanks Perry.
Yep that is what I thought it was. Those Faceplates with the notches and square corners were an option order for rack mounting.
Didn't know if you were having that style made. I like the sharp square corners over the typical rounded ones.
Cool thanks,
jM
I'm not doing any face plates. At least the Series II's... Maybe...... It's an expensive losing proposition.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Nice, glad it sold Perry. Sweet machine, but probably high maintenance.
They are built like tanks, this one is about 90lbs double boxed. The way they are built, they don't look to be too labor intensive and after tearing into two of these (my second one is ready for tweaking in after putting the motors in and doing a recap). I think being broadcast decks they were meant to last. I just listened to the one I just finished and even without setting it up yet, it sounds killer.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Figured that Perry given the vintage. Would be killer to have brushless ball bearing motors. That would take care of the majority of things that would give problems.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Yup.... The sealed bearings with the dried up grease were a bit noisy. They make a "New Replacement" motor for them, it would be nice to see the specs on them.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yeah they get that way after a lot of time. Were they press in bearings or just slip fit with spring preload? Would guess the latter

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
They were pressed down on each end of the shaft and then the cases (with the permanent magnets) fit together over them. Plus, no way to lube them either. I probably found some really good bearings just by looking, these were $8 each with 2 per motor........ They are a pretty standard size bearing I ordered from grainger.