Playoffs 2018 ...

Tagline
Retired
A group of Saint's fans have filed a lawsuit against the NFL over the loss. They either want the call for interference reversed and award the game to the Saints or they want the game replayed.

I'll bet the courts are thrilled with another frivolous lawsuit. The only winner here will be the lawyers that are representing these fans. Another big payday for the ambulance chasers.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
At a minimum, NFL NY should be monitoring all post-season games and calling refs to confer on missed calls. No different than reviewing all scoring plays to make sure that they got them right. Common sense.

Tagline
Retired
At a minimum, NFL NY should be monitoring all post-season games and calling refs to confer on missed calls. No different than reviewing all scoring plays to make sure that they got them right. Common sense.
Technology has given MLB and the NFL along with other competitive sporting events to over come questionable calls and either confirm or reverse the call. On the other side of the battle is that this is a game played by humans and officiated by humans. I do think that in high profile playoff games there should be more officials on the field to manage the games. However, more officials means more fouls being called. Will this make the fans happy? GO BEARS!!!!. OPPS...…….. I agree, COMMON SENSE.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
GO BEARS!!!!. OPPS...…….. I agree, COMMON SENSE.
L :laughing8: L

Ok ... as a side note I just noticed something cool about Xenforo. If you highlight a portion of the text in a comment you want to reply to - Xen grabs only that selected part in the 'quotation' carried forward. Now that's pretty cool ! I'm loving this Xenforo change more & more each day.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Anybody watching the Super Bowl yet?

orange

Tagline
If they advertised during paint drying it would be more exciting than this game, and the halftime show as well.

Field goals. At least it's a tie 3-3. Even the announcers are amazed.

orange

Tagline
Unless this gets exciting fast do you think the show CBS is promoting afterward will get any play?

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I'm only here to learn about the pizza Orange made tonight. I made one, too, ate a chunk of it and put the rest in the fridge for breakfast. From scratch, grandma style.

Hope I stopped eating early enough so I can sleep tonight. I don't like going to bed full. But I'm three hours ahead of Stephen.

orange

Tagline
No pizza, I went to the local diner earlier and had a club sandwich, tots and a diet Coke and I just made a ham and cheese sandwich on a seeded burger bun.

Sorry to disappoint you there. I missed the touchdown as well and both sets are on.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Yes, it read like you weren't getting a pie together. Glad a cover that for you.

That vegas over under sure wasn't very good on this one. Point spread, too. Finally the Pats win a SB by more than a handful of points but it sure took them a long time to get in position to win. But they do that in the SB.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Very happy about the result. Pat's defense played the best game of the season tonight.

And great Karma for the blown call in NO

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Belichicks finest coaching job the last 3 games...I'm impressed with how he shut down the 2 most prolific offenses in the league...

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
We see Belichick doing different things in most games. First he takes away the number one threat completely and does the best he can taking away the number 2 threat.

Then on the other side of the ball, he uses his weapons as best he can against what the other team has. He doesn't run against the better run defenses and he doesn't pass against the better pass defenses.

With a new playbook each week the team needs to be on their toes but he goes for the intelligent players that want to buy in to his idea of just win and not worry about someone's stats.

After the career is what folks need to think about. Do you need to be on the list of top offensive weapons and no superbowl wins or do you want rings? Sometimes this can be a tough question to answer and if the player is diva, that may well keep them from getting a chance with the Pats.

He has done an amazing job with the players he has had. But he only asks his players to do what they can do. LeGarrett Blount wanted more money, fine get more skills. He was an under 2mil play for Bill and signed with the Eagles for more than twice, worked out for him, he has another ring but he was playing golf early this year. Bill needs a big back that can catch the ball, too, that increases what he will pay for the player, more skills.

All part of the amazing 20-year period of the NFL that is the Belicheck Era where Team is the key to success.

Last edited: