Panavise advice

stetter

Journeyman
Which Panavise do you all like, any advice with pros and cons. I also build guitar pedals from time to time so maybe have to buy smaller head appliance beside the bigger one..

Last edited:

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
The two I have used the most are the standard vise and the mini PCB holder. It you are looking for something to hold larger odd shaped items check out what is called a parrot vise. Grizzly has one for around $75 that is handy as well.

Robert

stetter

Journeyman
I was wondering about which base style was better, they sell the one with solder edition (324) but the add on for solder really don't add much when I have a good solder station but the base function pivot and heft might make a difference. The price for it is a little more, not much but that is one off the question I have about the differences . The parrot vice looks to have many uses but limits on budget mean I have to be very frugal with the bench equipment. Need the extra cash for the good parts for the WOPL of my amp.

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
If you don't mind buying used there are usually some good buys on the bay. I bought a nice used standard model for $25.00 shipped.

stetter

Journeyman
wow I feel kinda slow for not thinking about looking on ebay, thanks for bringing my hibernating mind back online. I don't know could be the weather around my location. -31 below last night, high of -8 below and tonight looks to be even colder.