Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline prices dropping

---Semi-retired

Gasoline prices dropping

It looks like the hit the stock market took a couple of weeks ago is starting to have an effect on the oil futures. Gas prices have dropped 15 cents in the past week to a low of 2.71.9. That's the low for what they call midgrade. Murphy's is generally the leader as the price changes here in the eastern Iowa. Most stations stay pretty close to Murphy's lead except for our one BP station. They always seem to stay at least five to six cents above the price most stations sell for.

Not in Minnesota my area is at 2.84
    Turning Pristine Audio Gear into Junk One unit at a Time

https://www.gasbuddy.com/

Put in zip code hit enter, switch to map and see the local area, expand to see the US. zoom in to see what your friends and family pay in other parts of the US.

It is interesting to see the state differences due to taxes. Proud that PA is the highest in the country. They raised the taxes 10 in 13, 15 and 17 to help fix the damn roads. We have some seriously bad bridges, too. But there has been a lot of paving going on lately.
    Last edited by 8991XJ; 10-21-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    5F70, CS-6, MS-10, K-12, RX-103, T-110 x 2, K-112, D-117, K-117, G-120a, L-580, C-1000, R-1040, R-1050, R-1120 x 3, MB-3045 x 2

Sony Metal Master FTW !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	32306  
    | WOPL | Sony ES | B&W | Rotel | MoFi | AT | Denon | SoundMagic | Ultrasone | Cobalt Cable | PS Audio | Signet | Oppo |

Excellent political journalism died when Tim Russert did.

You have to go to Nampa, ID for area gas under $3/gallon near me, in Ontario it's over $3.029, well over in some cases.

Maveriks and Sinclairs (Stinker Stores) tend to have the lowest prices.

PS Maverik is a Wyoming company and Sinclair also has a large presence in Wyoming...so that figures.
    Last edited by orange; 10-28-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    Forget Aerosmith! It hurts to walk ANY way some daze!

Quote Originally Posted by 8991XJ View Post
    https://www.gasbuddy.com/

Put in zip code hit enter, switch to map and see the local area, expand to see the US. zoom in to see what your friends and family pay in other parts of the US.

It is interesting to see the state differences due to taxes. Proud that PA is the highest in the country. They raised the taxes 10 in 13, 15 and 17 to help fix the damn roads. We have some seriously bad bridges, too. But there has been a lot of paving going on lately.
    Whoa red flags on that link, I'm not giving my info out or permission for others to use it for god knows what to anyone, AZ is always cheaper than the rest of the country, I don't drive but pay others to tho.
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Owner of Martin Logan Summits, aka 'The Slabs' driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

If you aren't royally pissed, You are not paying attention!!!! Justice has been served as of now...

Don't know if I ever signed up or gave em anything of mine. I'm not paranoid of the world and will probably be hacked by the russians one day but I'm using a bookmark of gasbuddy phila to see what prices I have. But the Costco is a quarter cheaper than the other stations and I don't have to drive the 10 miles to DE to get cheap gas. When they steal my identity, they will only have bills to pay.
    5F70, CS-6, MS-10, K-12, RX-103, T-110 x 2, K-112, D-117, K-117, G-120a, L-580, C-1000, R-1040, R-1050, R-1120 x 3, MB-3045 x 2

Fuel prices

man you guys winge about $3.00 a gallon (3.785 liters)
    Here we are paying $ 1.70 a liter ($ 6.43 AUD a gallon)
    It seems every time the oil price per barrel becomes lower
    they INCREASE the price here.

Sony Metal Master FTW !
    Quote Originally Posted by gamve View Post
    man you guys winge about $3.00 a gallon (3.785 liters)
    Here we are paying $ 1.70 a liter ($ 6.43 AUD a gallon)
    It seems every time the oil price per barrel becomes lower
    they INCREASE the price here.
    6.43 AUD translates into 4.55 USD. Not much higher than Hawaii's & California's per gallon price. And you guys import a 'boat load' of oil to refine because your domestic production has steadily dropped since the 80's.

Not arguing with your main point - just putting things into perspective.
    I'd imagine there is a big push to go electric or at least buy hybrids on the Great Australian continent.
    Last edited by BlazeES; 10-24-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    | WOPL | Sony ES | B&W | Rotel | MoFi | AT | Denon | SoundMagic | Ultrasone | Cobalt Cable | PS Audio | Signet | Oppo |

Excellent political journalism died when Tim Russert did.

According to the papers here Oregon has some of the highest prices in the nation.
    Forget Aerosmith! It hurts to walk ANY way some daze!