Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oldphaser (Ed) Builds Some Amps (Phase Linear & White Oak Audio)

Quote Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
    Hi Ed
    I emailed you the assembly order document to help your current assembly project.

Joe

Joe,

I have an old e-mail with some assembly information. I am not sure if you made any changes to it.

Did you just send me a recent e-mail? I checked my callab e-mail address and Phoenix private messages and didn't see anything.

By the way, could you send me everything you have on the Rev D board? Both quasi and fully comp info. I also need to know exactly where the (3) jumpers go on the pc board. It looks like the Rev D board Lee sent me may have been set up for use with back plane boards and I don't intend to use this Rev D board with backplane boards.

Thanks!
    Ed
    Last edited by oldphaser; 09-12-2018 at 11:07 PM.

W.O.A. Rev E Fully Comp. board completed (for use w/o back-plane boards)

Here is a photo of the Rev E board I just completed a few minutes ago.
    It is set up to be used in a fully comp amp without the W.O.A. back plane boards.

NOTE: I still need to do some cleaning to remove the flux.

Joe,

I will need to acquire another Rev E board for use with the new W.O.A. chassis and heat-sinks I have. In this case the board will also need to be set up for fully comp and W.O.A. back plane boards. I will contact you later so we can arrange payment.

Time now for a little rest and relaxation.

Ed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo c.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	32177  

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Pretty handy with a soldering iron there Ed...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    Acetone cut 50-50 with 99.99% Isopropyl....... It's all I use.... Makes quick work of the No-Clean (as recommended by the Engineers here). Even cleans up the 40 year old Rosin Flux left over from the factory but you can scrape the big chunks off first to loosen it all up.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Quote Originally Posted by WOPL Sniffer View Post
    Acetone cut 50-50 with 99.99% Isopropyl....... It's all I use.... Makes quick work of the No-Clean (as recommended by the Engineers here). Even cleans up the 40 year old Rosin Flux left over from the factory but you can scrape the big chunks off first to loosen it all up.
    Perry,

I have the Acetone but not 99.99% isopropyl. I have some 91% isopropyl alcohol I bought at the local drug store. Can the 99.99% be obtained fairly easily?

Thanks!
    Ed

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldphaser View Post
    Joe,

I have an old e-mail with some assembly information. I am not sure if you made any changes to it.

Did you just send me a recent e-mail? I checked my callab e-mail address and Phoenix private messages and didn't see anything.

By the way, could you send me everything you have on the Rev D board? Both quasi and fully comp info. I also need to know exactly where the (3) jumpers go on the pc board. It looks like the Rev D board Lee sent me may have been set up for use with back plane boards and I don't intend to use this Rev D board with backplane boards.

Thanks!
    Ed
    Sent to your gmail address Ed.

Jumpers 5L-5R
    11L-11R
    12L-12R

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!
    Looks nice, Ed. Only a quick question tho.. Q2 is in for your build when IIRC it was yanked in one of Joe's revisions to the "E" BOM. Is it back now?

Quote Originally Posted by oldphaser View Post
    Here is a photo of the Rev E board I just completed a few minutes ago.
    It is set up to be used in a fully comp amp without the W.O.A. back plane boards.

NOTE: I still need to do some cleaning to remove the flux.

Joe,

I will need to acquire another Rev E board for use with the new W.O.A. chassis and heat-sinks I have. In this case the board will also need to be set up for fully comp and W.O.A. back plane boards. I will contact you later so we can arrange payment.

Time now for a little rest and relaxation.

Ed
    Mains - "Frankey", the WOPL'd 700 "in disguise", Backplaned With Fully Complementary Output Stage / Sansui AU-517 (Pre Only) / CV D-9's (mod'd)
    Analog - Denon DN-790R, Technics SL-Q5 Linear Tracker
    Digital - Asus Xonar ST feeding an Emotiva XDA-2 DAC running at 96K, pure digital bliss
    Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three do! - 2NU

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeckva View Post
    Looks nice, Ed. Only a quick question tho.. Q2 is in for your build when IIRC it was yanked in one of Joe's revisions to the "E" BOM. Is it back now?
    Q2 is out on Rev E4 (latest BOM)

Quote Originally Posted by jbeckva View Post
    Jerry,

I wasn't aware of a revision to the Rev E build whereby Q2 was removed. Which BOM revision did that occur at? I think I have Rev G and Rev J?

Joe,

If there were any other revisions that occurred to the Rev E board, back-plane boards or LED drive boards (and anything else you can think of) since last October 2017, I sure would appreciate a copy. I'd like the build for the Rev E as up-to-date as possible.

Thanks!
    Ed

Joe,

I got your e-mail and just downloaded the documents. I might be wrong, but it appears that the BOM Excel spreadsheet and pdf of Rev E4 still shows Q2. Likewise the "Change History PL14_PL20_RevE PCB" Word document show no change to Q2 either.

Ed
    Last edited by oldphaser; 09-13-2018 at 06:09 PM.