Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer CT F750 broken pause key

---

Pioneer CT F750 broken pause key

I picked up a CT F750 on eBay and somehow when it was waiting for the belt kit from Wjoe the pause lever broke.

Anyone know if they are the same? I see a play button on ebay, would that work? Anyone out there have a deck they are parting out?

Also the lamp that lights the window that shows how much tape is left is not working, anyone know the voltage/specs. Would like to go LED for a replacement.

Belt change is complete, working on the lube job to attempt to correct wow variations on FWD play, reverse play is fine.

---
    Ask and answer on my own thread....

Buttons are all the same on the 750, Pioneer calls them a cap, part number RNK-762.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Get a service manual

Stereomanuals.com
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Yes, got service, user, and brochure..

thanks Lee

Administrator
    Coolness bud....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Looks like my wow problem is the roller. I swapped left and right "pinch arm assembly RXB155/RXB156" (different part numbers for left and right, however they look the same) and the problem is now with reverse playback instead of fwd playback.

anyone have a source for new? rebuild?

Administrator
    Perhaps markthefixer will chime in, or skywavebe. They would know...

Some browsing of Audiokarma and Tapeheads might help..

https://www.google.com/search?q=pioneer+ct-f750

Probably a lot.
    If it's Sunday Night, it's must be football and pizza!

Work too much
    I have had Nakmandan doing the Pioneer decks and if the roller has a metal bearing then I would send it to Terry. If the bearing is plastic all you can do is look on E bay and then I think Dan bought some rollers from Nagravox that worked in one model but they were expensive.
    Nakmandan is a member at Tapeheads.net but I have been told he is no longer taking in units due to a new work situation.
    Best regards,

Sam Palermo, BSEE
    Skywave Tape Deck Repair, Chicago area
    (708)334-2260, E mail- skywavebe@sbcglobal.net
    Past Teac/Tascam Lead Service Technician

---
    I looked at Terry's web site, looks like to get the two rollers re-done it will cost $75.

more than I paid for the deck

If I am sure the issue is the rollers I will most likely do it. It is a nice sounding deck, when the speed is correct.