Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mark goes at it again... just bought a PL700/II!

Victim of the record bug since age five
    Backplanes fit in the chassis, so a sigh of relief... does White Oak offer mortgaging for a complete upgrade package? (Kidding, of course...)

Backplane kit arrived Monday, today would have been a good day to start- but it seems that whenever I get a kit, I have to buy a new soldering iron. My cheapie-Chinesey crapped out, so I splurged on a Weller this time.

Disappointed, plans for the day interrupted. Guess Iíll put up the window blinds that I bought last month.

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkWComer View Post
    Backplanes fit in the chassis, so a sigh of relief... does White Oak offer mortgaging for a complete upgrade package? (Kidding, of course...)

Backplane kit arrived Monday, today would have been a good day to start- but it seems that whenever I get a kit, I have to buy a new soldering iron. My cheapie-Chinesey crapped out, so I splurged on a Weller this time.

Disappointed, plans for the day interrupted. Guess Iíll put up the window blinds that I bought last month.
    You need a very good high wattage iron for the backplanes Mark. Good move on the upgrade. 80-100W is needed for the SMT nuts.