Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Craig..................

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Quote Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
    Hey all, sorry for the hit and run post from last week, shortly after posting it my right leg started to hurt really bad . Since blood clots can happen after cancer surgery like mine and, knowing what Lee just went through, I went to the hospital and yep, I had them, they did an untrasound and rushed me to the ER , I hated having to have to do that. Good news though, I was only in for the past week, got me on Warfin and back home now. I have to give myself these shots of another blood thinner to stabilize the blood thinness for now and I don't have to have another surgery like Lee had to go through ...They did try to kill me a couple times double dosing my meds. Here's a tip folks, write down everything you are taking in the hospital and when!! Don't rely on the nurses to do it, seriously!! , ask for and check your bill for overages and don't be afraid to question and refuse to pay for inept care, fight the idiots and have praise for the good ones!!

So, back to my rad and chemo tomorrow. Fun! Actually, no side effects yet . From what I've gathered, they show up towards the end of the treatments now with the awesome strides in medication these days. I'm staying positive . Have a blessed day everyone!!!!!

Yeah, those blood clots are a bitch ain't they?? I had 4 in 9 months...
    Glad to see ya back on the forum...love ya!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    Craig, I also kept track of what the docs told the nurses and what was being given to me. Set up a file on my phone to keep track. I was so noidy about the amount that the morphine pump was putting out I pulled it out of an IV and turned the machine off so I could sleep. Didn't dare go to sleep, didn't trust em on the morphine drip. Agreed to pain pills the next morning, that I could keep track of...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

I remember when I was in the hospital and they wanted to change my IV needle...sumbitch felt like I was being stabbed and theat was the end of that, they looked at me and decided that I was recovering much better than they though.

Having that catheter removed by a cute 20 something brunette and swearing like a sailor was embarrassing tho.

Why is it women have to do all that kinda stuff for me? Oh well, one of the CNAs used to listen to me on karaoke nights before she transferred from here to Boise and at least it was like friends and family, too bad she was already married. She was an angel.
    Forget Aerosmith! It hurts to walk ANY way some daze!

You hang in there, Craig, you aren't alone, my family has been through this too with my niece.

Big day Tomorrow morning, got to have my check up MRI on the tumor at 8:45am, then meet my Dr's see what up. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous, worst case;

It's back and more surgery and it's jumped from level 3 to 4.

lesser case;

It's minor growth and just needs the newer area rezapped with radiation.

What I'd like to hear;

It's not changed and in remission!!

I'm staying positive and ready or the worst, hoping for the best

Regardless, chemo will start again until early next years check up. Still not able to work, I hate that too, getting restless. My vision and hearing are still affected form the last round. swollen feet hurt and I can't stand for long periods of time I'd have to at work. Disability pay ran out this week. I hope DES will kick in. They give all these other fuckers every thing free, I was born here and that doesn't matter anymore, GRRRRRR!!! Rant over!
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Owner of Martin Logan Summits, aka 'The Slabs' driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

If you aren't royally pissed, You are not paying attention!!!! Justice has been served as of now...

Administrator
    Hang in there bud, praying for the best. All else fails, put on a burkha...

Always learning!
    Door number 3 please - make it happen Craig!!! Good thoughts and wishes bud!
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Love ya, bud...keep pushing!

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Praying for you Craig. Hang tough...

I'm very curious about any tech item
    I will pray for you , Craig !
    Ciao
    Marco