Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Technics SL-1210 MKII

I have an SL-1300 and 1350 but both are here to be used...I'd be using the Sony PS-4300 Ron sold me but after the clamp on the arm rest broke and I had it apart to work on one of my kin moved my stuff helping me clean and 1/2 of the two piece bottom just disappeared. That was good money and a great phonograph too, I'm still looking for that part.

EDIT: The bottom, not the arm rest, I can find that.
    Last edited by orange; 05-11-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    I know NOTHING, I memorized it in school.

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite-ist View Post
    Everyone might be thinking the same thing - I can buy a whole turntable for the price of that platter.

Nando.
    I did at first. Then I thought about audiophiles spending more than that on a single capacitor in a crossover network.
    To each his own & have fun while doing it! It's only money as they say.

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite-ist View Post
    Everyone might be thinking the same thing - I can buy a whole turntable for the price of that platter.

Nando.
    It might look and perform like ass......

I have found blasted and powder coated (like the original) for about $200. If you are building an as close to perfect turntable then who cares about money. I used to spend more money restoring my cars than they were EVER gonna be worth.....
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    I probably have a 1200mk2 platter or two kicking around

Perry, do you redo/replace the tonearm bearings also? I need my tonearm redone on my 1200mk2. New tube also
    I find NOS tonearms for less than $150....... they are all wired, and all new... Just bought one for $100
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    (and straight-up pimp stick!)
    Cars can love you back... turntables, not so much. Ever slept with/in a car, before?

But, I like how you've approached this build. My son would also get a kick out of your project, too. He is a Technics 1200 loyalist.

Nando.

Screw it
    Cars don't love you back... Now you sound like bicycle boy

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

I spent two days sleeping in my car that didn't even run when I was out of a place. And the reason I'm a 'bicycle boy' is because $3.00/gallon gas in 2006 or '07 only drove home the fact that while I owned the car outright the costs of fueling, repairing and insuring it were basically the cause of all my debts. Not a good feeling, it was Pontiac FTW with 3.1 EFI and a paradise for the lead footed. Selling that car I got from my mom was something I didn't want to do and she didn't understand at first.

Last Christmastime someone pulled in front of her and totaled her Buick. She got a really nice Toyota Avalon but has to make payments now. She couldn't afford to come over often before but now she can't afford it at all since it hit $3.00 again.

If I COULD afford it there is a 1938 Plymouth around here for $1900 with mag wheels and it could be the coolest hybrid with suicide doors EVER. Even better than the '55 Savoy business coupe I saw.

And I have an NOS Pioneer cassette Supertuner from the early 80s and speakers for that.

VINTAGE ROLLER PROJECT 1938 Plymouth Deluxe suicide 4dr. sedan
    12 bolt rear end
    mustang 2 subframe, steering box and column/wheel
    decent sheet metal, no engine or transmission
    comes with big box of parts: headlite buckets, stanchions, window/door cranks, misc.

Last edited by orange; 05-11-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Screw it
    Bicycle boy run out of gas money?????

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play