Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whoreo's (Rob's) WOPL 400 in for Warranty Work

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

Whoreo's (Rob's) WOPL 400 in for Warranty Work

Finally got the Dr. to lift my 10lb restriction. So we can fix Rob's blown WOPL. Of course the shipping goons had their way with it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0623[1].jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	31678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0624[1].jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	31679  
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    It was blowing rail fuses....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    1----21196 and 1---21195 on the left channel were shorted...

Administrator
    It appears the right channel is intact.

Q7, Q10 on the left are still good. The pico fuses on the backplanes are good. This is also the amp where one of the backplane locators came loose during shipment to Canada. Therefore, the backplanes will be liberated and brought off the chassis and be inspected to make sure no washers are bouncing around between the backplane and the chassis.

Administrator
    Left side backplanes lifted and all outputs tested( 2-bad), right side backplanes lifted and inspected for rogue washer (none found), outputs tested-all good...

Name:	20180415_105157.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	31682  
    Last edited by laatsch55; 04-15-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Administrator
    Going back together...

Name:	20180415_125056.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	31684  

Administrator
    All new outputs in the side with the 2 blown ones....just cause...

Administrator
    There is a trick to putting in the outputs. A strong magnet and a long T-handle allen wrench........and at times a lot of patience.
    When building a WOPL, before I install the backplanes I will test set the outputs and put them in order on a card so the outputs are matched to the socket. Due to the small tolerances in the solderable sockets , each output can have a slightly different lead pattern, so a test fit can relieve a lot of stress when you are ready to install outputs...

Name:	20180415_132519.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	31685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180415_132524.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	31686  

Administrator
    Outputs in...

Name:	20180415_135012.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	31687  

Administrator
    Passed theDBT and variac power up...setting bias and checkinh offset...

Name:	20180415_140505.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	31688