Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic Test Sets

Screw it

Automatic Test Sets

I know there are a few of you out there with Audio Analyzers whether it be Audio Precision, Prizm, HP, R&S, and with the price of the newer models with USB capabilities being so expensive we have to run the older stuff that has Parallel Printer Ports. The Prism dScope III I was running was overkill for what I do so downsizing to a cheaper unit made sense. Besides, since I retired, having a $3000 test set was crazy. The ONE THING I did love about the unit was the USB print feature but now the unit I picked up has only a Parallel port for printing.

Question..... What methods do you use to print and what would you LIKE to use if you would change. I.E. USB type B to Parallel (to run a newer style printer?) would you just go get a Parallel Printer? Do you like the results of your current printer? Reason being, I need to continue to print the results of testing my WOPL builds (I have a lot of test results) and I want to know the best method to use. I have a newer printer in my shop with a USB type B (looks like a D) on the back of my printer and would like to use it if possible. Will an adaptor cable work with it? Here is the Audio Precision ATS-1 I picked up on the cheap and it works great (Passes Self-Test), has a recent Calibration done on it and it is in Very Nice shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180412_171104986ATS-1 Test Set.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	31676
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Screw it
    I'll probably scan the print results and save them to the computer for future reference (and continue to send test results with completed WOPL's).

I just found this so maybe a parallel printer is all I can do.

Test summary
    • Current model P1s and ATS-1s printed successfully.
    • Older models (the discontinued original P1 & ATS-1, and P1 Plus) were not compatible with the Lpt2USB adapter and were unable to print.
    Last edited by WOPL Sniffer; 04-12-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    With the ATS you are limited to an older Laserjet style printer. I bought a refurbed HP Laserjet 2300 for a couple hundred. The toner packages are 106.00 but I've yet to use up the first one and it's going on its 5th year. I tried the "smart" printer cables that supposedly would let you use a newer USB style printer, but that was a wasted 100.00
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    BTW, nice nab on the analyzer...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    With the ATS you are limited to an older Laserjet style printer. I bought a refurbed HP Laserjet 2300 for a couple hundred. The toner packages are 106.00 but I've yet to use up the first one and it's going on its 5th year. I tried the "smart" printer cables that supposedly would let you use a newer USB style printer, but that was a wasted 100.00
    IS that a parallel printer you are talking about?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Yep...plugs in to the 486 interface bus..

Screw it
    Yep...plugs in to the 486 interface bus..
    The Parallel printer connection???

I know nothing about this ancient stuff.

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Yep, that's the one. This is where i got mine..

https://www.theprinterpros.com/HP-La...pc-2300-b1.htm

Screw it
    BTW, nice nab on the analyzer...
    Thanks Lee

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Welcome Bud...