Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad part can come from anywhere

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Were the ECB configurations to replace the Japanese transistors , or are there design considerations for that pinout??
    Generally speaking, and I say generally, the higher collector current TO-92 devices had the center collector for better heat/power dissipation purposes. Much like the TO-220 have center collector and tab connection for that same reason.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Thank You Sir Joe!!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    In MY book, they should not carry the same basic part number if they are not the same.

The Bu is bulk
    The CT would be tape
    And CTA Cut Tape

But they carry the same basic part number so the suffix should be the order delivery method. They should not rely on "small print" on the data sheet and not actually show the different pin out.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPL Sniffer View Post
    In MY book, they should not carry the same basic part number if they are not the same.

The Bu is bulk
    The CT would be tape
    And CTA Cut Tape

But they carry the same basic part number so the suffix should be the order delivery method. They should not rely on "small print" on the data sheet and not actually show the different pin out.
    Agree Perry
    They should have a different JEDEC part number for that device.

Screw it
    And, if you click here (https://www.mouser.com/Semiconductor...2N6517&FS=True)

These ALL show the same data sheet. If you don't see the fine print, they all show the same pin out. That's some Hokey shit.

I guess in the end, I'm a big dummy... no HUH on that one.....
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Forum Veteran
    I ran into this some time ago. The transistors sat around for several months until I needed them. At that point it was too late to return them. I tossed them in the trash.

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Use the MPSA42 or ZTX857STZ and you will not run into this problem again. There is no alternate pinout for these devices thus no confusion.

The ZTX857 is a much more robust device to boot.

Administrator
    Those will sub forthe 6517 eh??
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Those will sub forthe 6517 eh??
    Yes they will.

Administrator
    The MPSA 42 is pretty damn handy...