Thread: Tractrix Horn Query

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black

Tractrix Horn Query

I sold a set of JBL's to a fellow today, and he told me he has a pair of Klipsch Icon KF 26 speakers. They have the "Tractrix" horn tweeters, and one is bad. Anybody know if these tweets can be repaired?
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

"Just Passin thru"
    Hello Laz
    How ya been buddy ?

I'm not sure if the horn driver's diaphragm is replaceable but a complete unit is listed here :

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/...ter-horn-lens/

Also info on removing the drivers :

http://support.klipschgroupinc.com/kb/faq.php?id=52

cheers,
    Jm

" There is only two kinds of songs; there's the Blues, and there's Zip-a-dee-doo-dah." -- Townes Van Zandt

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Thanks Mike for that information! I've been OK mostly - I'm already picking up bug bites from working in the yard, and it's not even quite spring yet.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

"Just Passin thru"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post
    Thanks Mike for that information! I've been OK mostly - I'm already picking up bug bites from working in the yard, and it's not even quite spring yet.
    Yeah we didn't have much of a freeze this winter. The Chiggers will be so big , you'll be able to see them biting your balls ,
    (Trombiculidae).

Last edited by JustMike; 03-07-2018 at 12:23 PM.

" There is only two kinds of songs; there's the Blues, and there's Zip-a-dee-doo-dah." -- Townes Van Zandt