Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: PL-700 OTW

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Hookay....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    I would not mind my CV A-2200 amp redone Ed, bet it would be a piece of cake for you. Has two separate preamp boards, it's a dual mono
    I want all the specs before and after, your shoe size, what snow tires you use on your van, and the fuel tank capacity of the space shuttle. Then I want it checked in triplicate and you must sign over granma's mustache collection before actually powering it up and using it.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Need I put the back to back diodes in the 700 like on the 400 ? If so where do I put them on this one ? If I need them what diodes should I use ? Please, thanks.
    Main System: PC-Audioquest Jitterbug / Technics SL-3300-Schitt DAC-Sumo Diana-B&K EX 442-Polk SDA2b's
    Confucius say, panties not best thing on earth, but next to it. Confucius say, man who like stereo love to boom boom.

Administrator
    That's only on the PL14 board.....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    The Pl0171's don't seem to latch up....

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    That's only on the PL14 board.....
    Thanks Lee. Testing and organizing the parts shipments today. Going to take value for value on that main board and jot them all down. Trying to plot every part on an image using Microsoft paint with the values printed on the image. I am also going to do my best to take the best schematic I have and print the values on it legibly. It will take a while but it will be worth it for someone down the line.
    Main System: PC-Audioquest Jitterbug / Technics SL-3300-Schitt DAC-Sumo Diana-B&K EX 442-Polk SDA2b's
    Confucius say, panties not best thing on earth, but next to it. Confucius say, man who like stereo love to boom boom.

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Here is a preview of what I am trying to do. On this board only diodes are marked. I will probably do one board with diodes, one with resistor values and another board with capacitor values and another with transistors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	All Diodes Marked PL 0701.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	31540
    Eeek, looks like I have more work to do. When I uploaded it and I view it afterwards I cannot see the numbers I marked on the board...
    Last edited by VSAT88; 03-16-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Administrator
    yEP, PRETTY SMALL....

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Am I going to have to go to Fastenal and get SS cap screws with the marks on them to fasten my faceplate on or do you guys know a source for original ones. The guy I bought it from thought it would be a good idea to put zinc plated phillips head screws on it...Arrrgggg. I don't even know where you could get a philips head screw that big !

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Lee, is this still so ? http://forums.phxaudiotape.com/showt...Transistor-Set Can these be bought for my board ? Do I need replace them, or not put them in at all ?? Possibility get some to keep in stock ? I would like to replace all the transistors on the board as well as the diodes and caps but when it comes to this beta testing / matching I have no real clue what to do. There is this guy on e bay that has all of them and says that they are already matched... https://www.ebay.com/itm/PHASE-LINEA...sAAOxyaTxRQnHl Should I just buy these ?