Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PL-700 OTW

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Thats for the offset, bias is another one...be sure to get a manual for the PL0171 pcb.....I'm not home or us would post the procedure andsdchematic .....Perhaps someone else could,??
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Broke the glue loose and I am adjusting R 36 (VR-POT) for Bias. I cannot get the bias on the left chan above .131
    The right channel will adjust. I have it at .350
    Main System: PC-Audioquest Jitterbug / Technics SL-3300-Schitt DAC-Sumo Diana-B&K EX 442-Polk SDA2b's
    Confucius say, panties not best thing on earth, but next to it. Confucius say, man who like stereo love to boom boom.

Administrator
    Have you set the offset yet?
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Have you set the offset yet?
    I set offset 1st. It was spot on.
    Main System: PC-Audioquest Jitterbug / Technics SL-3300-Schitt DAC-Sumo Diana-B&K EX 442-Polk SDA2b's
    Confucius say, panties not best thing on earth, but next to it. Confucius say, man who like stereo love to boom boom.

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by VSAT88 View Post
    I set offset 1st. It was spot on.
    Went in and re checked my figures for DC offset. No issues there. Both channels will set to 0 or right at it.

---
    Looks like you made a great find. Good luck with the new toy.

Administrator
    Went in and re checked my figures for DC offset. No issues there. Both channels will set to 0 or right at it.
    Dfid you use two pots to adjust it?

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Dfid you use two pots to adjust it?
    Yes. Turned the pot all the way left and adjusted R 17 . Then turned the pot all the way right and adjusted R 7 on both channels. Both are very close to 0 Mv on a 200 mV scale.

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Netfly View Post
    Looks like you made a great find. Good luck with the new toy.
    Thanks a million ! I have wanted one for a very long time.

Administrator
    Yes. Turned the pot all the way left and adjusted R 17 . Then turned the pot all the way right and adjusted R 7 on both channels. Both are very close to 0 Mv on a 200 mV scale.

Ok, justcheckin bud....the bias trannt is on theboard. On the channel that won't adjust, hold the bias trannywith your fingers and see if it changes as you warm it up..