Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FUJIFILM FINEPIX S2 PRO DSLR

---
    i'm just being a plebeian amateur and all, but after days of dinking around, this is the best i can wrest out of the S2 PRO.
    it looks good, save for the moire' quite visible on the texture of the right-hand girl's pink dress, an overall coarseness of edges in high image magnification,
    and, of course, that damn-blasted Vacuum-Tubey flash warmth.

compare that to the NIKON D5000 in AUTO mode; i think we've a clear winner here;

FUJI S2 PRO

NIKON D5000

Last edited by Master Tasuke; 02-13-2018 at 01:05 PM.
    Catch the Spirit of a True ΩPIONEER

You are managing to learn your photo skills very well, the new shots show much improvement from early shots of your bedroom system and computer desk!

I still miss my 35mm Mamiya though, it was a very nice camera.

I have a favorite photo or two I took with it, one of my old Chevy Miriya and another I think I took on the way to either Aberdeen, WA or Lewiston, ID, can't remember as it was maybe 2002.

I'll have to scan and post them.
    Last edited by orange; 02-13-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    If I don't really exist then at over 15,000 posts my nothingness has longevity, if not serious mojo.

---
    what ever happened to the MAMIYA? did it break down/wear out?

Nope, I sold it to my photographer friend to give to his niece, 1000 DTL, triggered flash (no hot shoe on that model), and a camera case for it.

It had features that were fairly new and advanced for a 1966 design and a really great Sekor lens.

It was to the credit of any gameshow that gave away a Mamiya. The company shifted away from consumer cameras to professional some years back.
    If I don't really exist then at over 15,000 posts my nothingness has longevity, if not serious mojo.

Banned
    John, congrats on the Fuji S2 Pro , Nice pics, hard to tell the difference on some.

I'm a diehard, old school 35mm buff. Cut my teeth with the best, learned how each film reacted to light and processing chemicals, including slide and print films...

I got an older Nikon D5000 DSLR, it's ok, I might just not understand it at all, kinda like digital and analog music...

I will tell you folks that you will NEVER get a better photo than with a Carl Zeiss lens from the 1950's EVER!

I was gifted my Gramps Contax T3 rangefinder, 50mm 1.7, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contax

Fuji B&W film always had a warmer tone than Kodak, same for their printing papers. I never cared for their color print or slide film in my old Canon 35mm rig.

Still learning about this digital stuff, help me John!!

---
    i always did want to own a pro SLR, 35mm or Digital, at least for the mere sake of having one. this pro S2 shows up, pretty much exactly what i was looking for,
    a PRO/TOTL DSLR i can actually use freely and experiment with off the hip, free of any concerns regarding cost of film and it's processing.

still, my first DSLR was a NIKON D5000, got it as a kit from COSTCO WHOLESALE in 2009, probably not long after it first came out,
    and every single self-generated photo i've posted since 2009 has been via the D5000 in AUTO mode, up until this pro-level FUJI essentially fell into my lap.

even so, as pleasurably beefy, sexy and capable as this FUJI S2 feels to hold and use, i am compelled to pronounce the NIKON D5000 as the superior camera.

with years of use, i can say that the D5000 is a superb SLR, with a fantastic AUTO mode that will get you fine shots with minimal effort.
    skilled photographers can doubtless wrest it's maximum performance in it's manual operation modes,
    but, on the whole, it makes for a truly superb automated, point-and-shoot beginner's DSLR, pretty much faultless, IMO...
    Last edited by Master Tasuke; 02-15-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Yesterday is the first time since we bought it that I brought out the Nikon 1 J1 w/ the extra 30-110mm lens. Shoots pretty good but what a pain in the ass these heavier cameras are to use. I can't stand the strap either, especially with the bigger zoom lens installed. Still cool, just more work
    Last edited by Northwinds; 02-15-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by lattiboy, post: 11205733, member: 245918
    my eyes were forced shut by the air pressure change
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

---
    then again, this does seem rather impressive after all, the sort of razor sharp detail this 15 year-old DigiCam can render up close,
    with the ISO dialed back. (ISO 100) i just might, -MIGHT- be getting a feel for this old beast;

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Her earings don't go with that dress....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Always learning!
    Didn't notice....
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.