Thread: 700 Series II

---

700 Series II

Just acquired a 700 Series II. It's in great condition. One owner unit that's been in storage for almost 20 years. I did all the precautionary procedures to bring it up to full voltage, and it's working perfectly. I hooked it up to my upgraded 3300 II preamp and ran it for a couple hours. Sounds great and performs wonderfully. However, it is box-stock. The covers have obviously never been off and the transistors are all originals. Given its age, I'm not sure how I want to proceed with possible upgrades, so I'd welcome any comments or suggestions. I came by the unit through an engineer friend of mine who works for Apple. I love these tech guys. They've all made big money with Apple, and now just go out and throw down cash for new multi-channel, home theater stuff. That leaves all the old equipment up for grabs if you get lucky and locate the stuff. I got the 700 in a trade for welding up the guy's broken, aluminum, dog gate. The repair took me a full 32 minutes, and cost me 36 inches of 6061, 1x square tube. I think I got the best of the deal!

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Yep, ya did good Scott....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    Hell yeah.... Very good deal.... Do the upgrades, you wont regret. I think me and Lee figured out doing all of the upgrades with a DCP was about $700
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Damn close for all the parts...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014