Thread: The Denon DVD 1920 player

Banned

The Denon DVD 1920 player

Hi back at ya's! The Onix went poop last year, I had a p o crap RCA DVD player for music duty last year when Lee and Jani came out, that died last November. I did some research on cheap players and the Denon came up over and over! 24 bit Burr-Brown DAC (made in Tucson btw), 196K upsamp.

I have to say, it is 'da bomb'!!

I only use it for audio and it slays anything I've heard before, it plays DVD-A, SACD's which I don't have, man, it sings on normal redbook CD's, CD-R's, on the AKG 701's, Lordie . Just when I thought the 701's couldn't open up anymore...More air than I've heard around those things that make sound...and don't get me started on vocals, Pfft!!

I know many other very nice units out there would make me feel/hear the same, but for $80 shipped?? I do tend to ramble on, I guess when Lee and Jani's Golden Ear's hear it on the 'Summits we shall see.

I use my computer.

Nice to see you, Craig.
    If I don't really exist then at over 15,000 posts my nothingness has longevity, if not serious mojo.

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    I have the Denon DVD-1910 in my shop system - picked it up for about thirty bucks at the For Your Ears Only sale in Lawrence, Kansas. Nice unit, and my only gripe is that track numbers only appear for a few seconds at the beginnings of songs.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Thank you for the review Craig. I have some 1500's in my Ebay cart, based on internet reviews. I'll go look at the 1920 now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Thank you for the review Craig. I have some 1500's in my Ebay cart, based on internet reviews. I'll go look at the 1920 now.
    Brad, I don't know what 1500's are going for, a 1920 with remote set me back $79 shipped from IN. There are some going for much cheaper, I did research it, it has the best kit for the price, that 24 bit Burr-Brown DAC chip is amazing, only the best get rights to use them. and I will say it is amazing with the Summits and my AKG 701 cans, high praise indeedy

Would I lie to ya buddy??