Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B&K PRO 5 Preamp

Screw it
    The C2 is a great pre.... plus, the Acurus RL-11/R-10 is very well liked around here and is worth saving for. Ive had a couple and would run another one day (after I sell this nice 4000t of which i have a couple). Start with a great pre and yer set... no sense in monkeying around right?
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPL Sniffer View Post
    The C2 is a great pre.... plus, the Acurus RL-11/R-10 is very well liked around here and is worth saving for. Ive had a couple and would run another one day (after I sell this nice 4000t of which i have a couple). Start with a great pre and yer set... no sense in monkeying around right?
    I resemble that remark !!
    Looking at a Sumo an APT and a Acurus as well. We will see.
    Main System: PC-Audioquest Jitterbug / Technics SL-3300-Schitt DAC-Sumo Diana-B&K EX 442-Polk SDA2b's
    Confucius say, panties not best thing on earth, but next to it. Confucius say, man who like stereo love to boom boom.

No such things as bad days, just bad moments
    If you need or like a lot of inputs, an original series I Apt Holman is hard to beat. And if turntables are your thing, it was created with them in mind. Unfortunately the stock relays calve and both those I own came into my possession with a dead channel but replacing the relays and all 41 electrolytics did the trick. If you're considering one, I hope any you encounter have been refurbed or that those deficiencies have been taken into consideration with regards to asking price. Some think they are a bit butt ugly, but I don't mind, I kind of like a quasi "military" look. The one I have hooked up now is a battle scarred early one but it fits in well with the rest of my stuff.

I know a Sumo from years ago - Athena I think. It was in one of the sound rooms for a while at a store I worked at. I remember the consensus was that it did better with CD than it did vinyl.

Acurus has been well endorsed here so it's desirability goes without saying. I have not heard one so cannot comment but I need more jacks and would want a built in phono section - but that's just me.

---
    I have the Acurus based on what I gleaned here about them. It is a permanent fixture.....well
    worth saving for!!!
    Just Another Day in Paradise

---there is no replacement for displacement
    There is a Acurus LS-11 preamp on USAudiomart....posted a couple days ago in Toronto. Asking $300 CAD (about $235 US, no affiliation here). Non remote model.

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/6...5-acurus-ls11/

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegz View Post
    There is a Acurus LS-11 preamp on USAudiomart....posted a couple days ago in Toronto. Asking $300 CAD (about $235 US, no affiliation here). Non remote model.

I like it. It is exactly what I am looking for but my conversion from US dollar to CAD is 382. US.. ? I may have done it wrong. Sent him an e mail anyway. Thank you !
    Main System: PC-Audioquest Jitterbug / Technics SL-3300-Schitt DAC-Sumo Diana-B&K EX 442-Polk SDA2b's
    Confucius say, panties not best thing on earth, but next to it. Confucius say, man who like stereo love to boom boom.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by VSAT88 View Post
    I like it. It is exactly what I am looking for but my conversion from US dollar to CAD is 382. US.. ? I may have done it wrong. Sent him an e mail anyway. Thank you !
    I wish it was that way. Better recalculate
    try the Lightening Bolt WOPL 1000 for a hair lifting experience today

Warning !!! Use only when you want to blown the town down

proud father of the only WOPL Fully Comp dual 500

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    More Canadian dollars to US dollars...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    I use a APT Holman in the garage system, pretty kickass preamp

EDIT: I have had a couple of the C2's, they are very good so not sure your going to get better bang for the buck cost wise unless you get extremely lucky
    Last edited by Northwinds; 12-25-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by lattiboy, post: 11205733, member: 245918
    my eyes were forced shut by the air pressure change
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegz View Post

I believe we have struck a deal. Spoke with the owner and we seem to have found quite agreeable terms. He is going to let me know a total tomorrow so I think we are on. Either way, thank you for sharing this with me.