Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Bad Week

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Well, I saw the grass catch almost as soon as it happened. I lit two kitchen bags in an empty 50 gallon barrel. Ground damp, smoke straight up, I'm golden. Out of nowhere the wind comes up 7 it was the leftovers from fall hay cutting that lit off. I beat on it with a shovel for a half an hour trying to save the barn & house, afraid to leave to go call for help. Once it was past my buildings. I went up to the house & told Marla to call neighbors & FD. Then went back to work. The volunteer Fire guy's were all busy at another fire. To bad so sad!
    By the time a water truck & firemen showed up from a neighboring community, the fire was into my woods over there. I was up all night dipping water from a pond & pouring on hot spots. I had to cut down a couple hollow trees that were burning inside.
    Next time I burn trash, I will be standing in the pouring rain!! Holding a garden hose!

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Damn Brad, glad you got it...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    I'm glad it was just the field & woods. It's a pretty helpless feeling when your told the fire dept is not coming for awhile.
    Those dry cedar trees suuuure make a big fireball!
    I will definatley be donating to the volunteer FD's fundraisers. It was the guy's from Rover that showed up first. Rover is around 12 miles away. All they have is a trap club & fire barn. Our city of 700 people is like a metropolis around these parts.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Familiar with that scenario...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    I'm glad it was just the field & woods. It's a pretty helpless feeling when your told the fire dept is not coming for awhile.
    Those dry cedar trees suuuure make a big fireball!
    I will definatley be donating to the volunteer FD's fundraisers. It was the guy's from Rover that showed up first. Rover is around 12 miles away. All they have is a trap club & fire barn. Our city of 700 people is like a metropolis around these parts.
    You must have had a really dry winter. Glad to know it only took vegetation.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]