Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: So, here I go. Phase Linear 400

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    LOL ! I was looking at that when you posted !
    Wonder where the rest of the transformer went ?
    Main System: PC-Audioquest Jitterbug-Schitt DAC-Kenwood Basic C1-B&K EX 442-Polk Monitor 7's

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    That one on ebay had a crap faceplate & no meter bezels. Nice cosmetics cost more. If you don't care what it looks like, some go for less. White Oak has new faceplates & even improved chassis. But again, looks cost.
    Every one listed on the bay has the same devoted group watching & bidding. The market is there for sure. I'm way too rural to have a chance of finding used gear in resale or stereo shops.
    If and I say if I were to go with a 700 WOPL I would want it right, and I mean just right ! They are so nice looking the ones you cats have ! It would be my Rolex.
    Main System: PC-Audioquest Jitterbug-Schitt DAC-Kenwood Basic C1-B&K EX 442-Polk Monitor 7's

Like my BlueTooth ?
    40.00 skins they want for the heat sensor Elmwood 2455R that sits between the heat sinks on the back wall behind the driver board. Any suggestions ? Another compatible part # that works ? Do I have to have it ? My power cord was kinda shoddy so I decided to change it out before much play. Guess I am glad I did. As soon as I hit it with a bit of heat the lead broke right off. Thanks.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Where did that price come from?
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Saw it on eBay no farther research. I was able to quite successfully solder the AC lead back in place with what was left after the tab broke loose. Still curious as to what to do if I needed to.
    https://www.ebay.com/p/1-PC-of-2455R...d=202070713512

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Ran it all last week in the shop and I had no problems with it at all so I took it in to my office and hooked it up to a little tube pre and out to a pair of Polk Monitor 7's and it will rock I mean ROCK ! I was really glad to see that I had plenty of room to solder that AC wire back on that thermostat, thought that might be an unobtainium part. Oh, (edit) I have a fan set up I am playing with the idea of building for it as well. Two server fans 12 V.

---
    Check out my 700B WOPL build thread, it covers the thermal switch.

Make sure the replacement is Normally closed and the correct temperature (I believe 80 degrees C).

think this is what I ended up with, I have a few sets with different temperature ratings on my bench, but I seem to remember 70C is what I settled on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Billboard; 10-23-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billboard View Post
    Check out my 700B WOPL build thread, it covers the thermal switch.

Make sure the replacement is Normally closed and the correct temperature (I believe 80 degrees C).

think this is what I ended up with, I have a few sets with different temperature ratings on my bench, but I seem to remember 70C is what I settled on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Holy Moses what a difference in price. Thanks.