Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So, here I go. Phase Linear 400

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Looks like I did not install C3, C8 or C9.
    Main System: PC-DAC and CD as well as Phonograph in to a Kenwood C2 w B&K 442 amp. Polk Audio SDA-SRS 2 speakers.

Like my BlueTooth ?
    As I recall yes, it did flash over and over with the relay clicking the whole time however I cannot be 100% on this without checking it out again. Accept for the fact that C3, C8 and C9 were not installed....
    Main System: PC-DAC and CD as well as Phonograph in to a Kenwood C2 w B&K 442 amp. Polk Audio SDA-SRS 2 speakers.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Ok, I would suggest the next step to be to unhook all wires from the DC protect board, tape up the bare ends of all wires so as not to short anything out and bring it up again.....

Mouser had the IC for that board or did it come with it?
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Just ran out to the shop. All fuses are intact. The IC was sent to me with the board from Mr. Don.

Administrator
    Good night Sir, gotta go....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Like my BlueTooth ?
    OK. I will do just that and check back in as soon as I do. I think I am beginning to finally understand what is going on. I appreciate your help.

Administrator
    I don't think the DC protect board is the problem, we just need to eliminate it's influence...

Like my BlueTooth ?
    [QUOTE=laatsch55;215071]Ok, I would suggest the next step to be to unhook all wires from the DC protect board, tape up the bare ends of all wires so as not to short anything out and bring it up again.....

Did just that a few minutes ago. Took all the wires from the protection circuit loose, taped them up, brought it back up on the veriac using the DBT inline. No problems that I see. Went to 115 V or so and no smoke. The DBT flashed just a tiny bit as I brought it up, dim then bright then dim again as the filters charged. Left it at voltage for about 30 seconds. Stopped there for further instructions. Had to make time tonight late to get in the shop and have to get up early tomorrow for an appointment then I will be back in the shop right after so let me know what you would have me do next when you have time. Thanks ! Jim.

Administrator
    Measure DC offset and Bias......to see if things look normal...

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Welcome Jim, hopefully soon you will be enjoying your amp!!
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car