Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: So, here I go. Phase Linear 400

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    In pic #6, the output on the left, is the output hold down screw touching the bus bar?
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Done with the cleaning and it looks nice. I have checked all of the buss bars and no screws are touching.
    Main System: PC-DAC and CD as well as Phonograph in to a Kenwood C2 w B&K 442 amp. Polk Audio SDA-SRS 2 speakers.

Administrator
    Bring it up one more time, on the DBT, and variac and see how much rail voltage you can get and recheck Offset....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pretzel.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	30225

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Quote Originally Posted by fitz43 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pretzel.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	30225
    That is a very crispy pretzel stick indeed!
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Measuring from the left speaker terminal to chassis 33.8 DC rail voltage. Measuring from the right speaker terminal to chassis - 33.4 DC rail voltage. DC offset on the left speaker wires/terminal it is showing 30.4 volts DC. DC offset on the right speaker wires/terminal it is showing 25 volts DC. Across the main filter caps I have around 28 V DC before the left meter starts pegging out.

I have a lot to learn. When I was measuring DC offset before I totally forgot that when I disconnected the speaker protection board I also by default disconnected the wires to the speaker terminals. I am now actually measuring at the speaker wires that I taped off before. Sorry, my bad. I hope I am measuring rail voltage the right way, from chassis to each speaker wire at the fuse.

As far as pretzel sticks there are more than one. There are five of them.
    Main System: PC-DAC and CD as well as Phonograph in to a Kenwood C2 w B&K 442 amp. Polk Audio SDA-SRS 2 speakers.

Administrator
    Rail voltage is plus/minus DC coming off the filter caps. When you measure across the speaker wires that is DC offset voltage. When you measured DC offset, was it plus or minus DC?
    Last edited by laatsch55; 09-14-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Administrator
    So....you have mica AND sil-pads under each output transistor?? From your first post that's what it sounds like. I'm guessing that your large DC offset is a minus voltage reading, AND beins you dismounted and remounted all outputs I'm guessing you have continuity between an output case and the chassis. Put the negative lead on chassis ground and check the case of each output transistor and see what ya get.

Like my BlueTooth ?
    Said I was a noob but not that much of a noob. No sili-pads and mica, just mica with wakefield on both side for heat transfer. I will do what you said and be right back. Thanks.

Like my BlueTooth ?
    On both speaker wires the offset measurment was +. Measuring rail voltage with the negative probe on the buss across the filter caps and the + probe on the top filter cap (other side) the voltage was +31 v . The bottom filter cap reads -21 v then when the meter on the left starts pegging out the voltage starts jumping between 14 v and 21 v . All measurment made were at 100 vac on the veriac.

On the other post you told me to measure from chassis to each output transistor. I hope you meant continuity. The meter does not sound for continuity to any of the transistors. No direct shorts there.
    Last edited by VSAT88; 09-14-2017 at 02:51 PM.