Thread: What all is included in the backplane kits?

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors

What all is included in the backplane kits?

I'm sure it's right in front of me. But I've been searching the WO site & here and can't find the BOM for these kits.
    I'm wondering if a new set of output transistors are in there & also I see we want an up rated bridge rectifier. Is the BR part of the kits?

Thank you, Brad

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!
    Howdy.

Neither are included with the kit. I believe the kit is enough to build and install the backplanes themselves, sans wire to wire 'em up (sold separately, maybe?). Talk to Navo on the BR's.. or Joe also gives a good deal with the outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    I'm sure it's right in front of me. But I've been searching the WO site & here and can't find the BOM for these kits.
    I'm wondering if a new set of output transistors are in there & also I see we want an up rated bridge rectifier. Is the BR part of the kits?

Thank you, Brad
    Mains - "Frankey", the WOPL'd 700 "in disguise", Backplaned With Fully Complementary Output Stage / Sansui AU-517 (Pre Only) / CV D-9's (mod'd)
    Analog - Denon DN-790R, Technics SL-Q5 Linear Tracker
    Digital - Asus Xonar ST DAC running at 96K, pure digital bliss

You can't fight the fella ... in the Brite Nitegown - D Fagen
    Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three do! - 2NU

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    He's got a complete set of 95/96's....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Thanks guy's. I have three amps to do . Swell 700b from Lee ( I tought you were vacationing?) with the new transistors included & two crusty Ebay 400's. Just trying to put my shopping list together, so I can start sending Joe some dough.
    It will be Johnny Cash style. One piece at a time, except the control boards. I think I will try to order one assembled & two kits. It might help me to have a pro done board to refer to.

It will take a few S.S. checks from uncle Sugar to gather it all up. Especially if I don't stop buying more amps. I just can't help my self when I see what I feel is a steal!!

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Yeah; the backplane kit price seeemed too cheap to include those things. I just don't want to end up with extra's , because then I'd have no choice but to buy yet another amp!!
    Hell; even an extra power cord would give me good reason!!

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Yeah; the backplane kit price seeemed too cheap to include those things. I just don't want to end up with extra's , because then I'd have no choice but to buy yet another amp!!
    Hell; even an extra power cord would give me good reason!!
    Looks like it is time to raise prices

Old 'Arn Enthusiast

Thank you, Brad
    We have the 50A bridges if you want those too...

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    WOW! Thanks Joe! My printer is getting busy! I'm having a blast! I love reading & learning.

What a swell bunch here!