Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carver C-500 Power Amp

---
    Yes that is one nice, clean looking amp. I'm definitely going to think about it. I can see I'll be counting PL's in my sleep.

---
    Roughly what does a WOPL cost for the parts?

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Full meal deal, full comp, with new outputs and new LED board, Driver board and backplanes, PS caps, new bridge rectifier, new speaker posts, new RCA jacks, new wiring....around 500.00 for parts...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    No PL amp goes on the K's with no DC protect, and after hearing a White Oaked Pl, nothing compares that I've heard, and I've had a few amps here to compare to....
    You don't trust the switch on the back of the amp to keep out the DC?

Administrator
    There is no switch on the back of the amp to keep DC off the Speaker outs, that switch is to filter DC off the INPUT....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    ah. I see, thanks. Now I understand why the DC protect ckt.

Administrator
    wattsabundant builds some nice ones, AND THEY WORK, saved my K's from a good roasting when I lost an output going full tilt boogie one night, heard a little squeal out of the speaks then .....nothing....it worked as advertised. It did sacrifice a 10.00 relay to the cause....

Screw it
    Yup, wouldnt send an amp out without one. Worth their weight in gold for sure.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play