Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK dude having problem w/ biasing issues on a 400

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars

AK dude having problem w/ biasing issues on a 400

I tried to direct him here and his amp probably would already be running if he did so but Joe, Lee, Jer, Ed... please take a look. Here is the thread, I am a little concerned he is not getting the help he needs from folks who actually know this stuff

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/ind...roblem.779829/
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Post made...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Thanks Lee, yeah that comment about "minor improvement" almost made me lose it but I managed to control myself
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Yweblwrs...

Administrator
    I was tempted to say more.....and I might yet, depending on what's said...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    I would have let them flounder after the "closer to home" blow off....
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Pretty disappointed by that thread. It's like someone trying to cram a square block in a round hole. Qualified help is available and yet....
    Yweblwrs...

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Heh...Heh.. That's good for a chuckle! I've seen nearly the same thing many times on message boards where I actually knew something. It's almost alway's the ' Book smart only' guy's who are so full of themselves, that they refuse to hear what they don't want to hear. Or that a common layman like me might have a simple answer like ' You have the hammer spring in backwards'.
    Let em stew in it.

Administrator
    I said my piece and checked back the next day and just decided to stay out of that mess...

Always learning!
    Smart man.....
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Administrator
    They're busy doing voltage checks on the front end transistors, all they have to do is do a quick on circuit transistor check. A couple diodes will not test in circuit but the rest will. It's not that difficult, but they're sure making it so...