Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: What is in your boxes?

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Here ya go Brad....get knowed up...

http://sound.whsites.net/index2.html
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    Her's the start of the Bi-amp article...

http://sound.whsites.net/bi-amp.htm
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    That is probably the best treatise I've read on the subject...

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Wow! Thanks for yet another great link! I'm wishing that I would have saved a few more brain cells during my youth.( Never expected to live this long) Heading towards information overload. I forget an awful lot & I'm wondering if that makes room for more data?
    I also see I will need to brush up on my cyphers.

"Just Passin thru"
    Yes it is.
    I have a shortcut to that page on my desktop.

Lee,
    I agree with you on the Klipschorn bottom base horn. Like you said if set up correctly.
    They do need corners. and I'm not aware of a horn type speaker that was built during that time period ( Altecs, Jbl's, Tannoy's, Bozaks, EV's, Stephens,Frazier, etc ) that could compete with the low end base of the K's. And time tested and still available new.

That is why I was asking about the B&C Woofers. I would like to build a big base bin myself. Many good low end drivers out there.
    I have heard just about everything from the "Golden Days". Not much new stuff.

I probably mentioned this once or twice before ( what happens when you reach my age, I turn 70 next year ! Hell yes made it this far).
    I ran the first Infinity speaker they made, The Servostatik 1a's and they used a special built 18'' Cerwin Vega for the low end. The system
    was Tri-amped with Phase Linear, B&W and SAE amps. Lost it all in the war !

There maybe an easy way to dial in a Base bin into Craig's statics. You guys mention a friend yours, I think his name is John?
    I noticed a pic somwhere in a thread on here that he was using a Dahlquist DQ-Lp1 crossover. Not sure how he was using it
    but they are perfect for this type of integration.
    The Marchand's look like they may be the way to go also.

Time for my meds and Baseball,
    Cheer,
    jm
    " I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in "

Administrator
    Thanks for sticking around today Mike!! Yeah, we have a couple, 3 guys with LP-1's here....

Administrator
    Mike, what I really want to hear is a Klipsh "Jubilee" , it's bass bin has 2-12" woofs. I've heard incredible things about them. There is some plans floating around somewhere...

Journeyman Member
    ---
    That is a classic Phoenix thread crap.....this is how we doos it.

Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post

And I've heard quite a few speaks, NOT ALL the classics, but have talked to some folks who have and they were partial to the K-bass when DONE RIGHT. It's no secret I really love mine. I really like Stu's Summits too.....and one of these days we are going to have a pair of K-bass bins in his corners and unplug the Summit subs and play with the time delay on the bass bins, dial er in and see what happens...
    , BrahaHahaHA!! I need a bigger house buddy

I keep playing the lottery, hoping...regardless, we'll make it happen !! Mind blowing soundstage, eerie, amazing, pin point accurate. Cream your panties mid range and highs...vibrate your eyeballs, testicles and lower GI track bass . Handing out Depends diapers and Kleenex to all who enter
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Would love to hear Craig and Lee's systems! Someone offered me a pair of 1000w Yamaha YST-SW1500 subs but I did not have the cash to do anything. My system is more then loud enough with plenty of lowend as is I guess
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car