Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Capacitors in tone control circuit

---
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
    My first Lafayette short wave receiver kit used the mF and mmF nomenclature as did my first Eico amp kit so I guess that makes me old school
    In the 60's -70's Lafayette use to be the go to place for electronic parts and products. I still have one of their tube receivers and several of their quad 8 track car players. They made nice stuff in their day.

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Netfly View Post
    In the 60's -70's Lafayette use to be the go to place for electronic parts and products. I still have one of their tube receivers and several of their quad 8 track car players. They made nice stuff in their day.
    I can see my catalogs from where I'm sitting! Right next to Allied & Radio Shack.They make me happy.
    Remember 'Condensers'?

---
    Yes! I have one Allied catalog from 68 and Lafayette from 67-79.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    My first Lafayette short wave receiver kit used the mF and mmF nomenclature as did my first Eico amp kit so I guess that makes me old school

You're older than dirt anyway....... so......
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by 62vauxhall View Post
    Thanks and 'twas as I thought so I'll use what I have.

I dug around a bit and found what I'd read about signal going through electrolytics and it wasn't those 22mf. They were 100mf's and I've already replaced those.
    Ok; The voltage thing was pretty easy. Now, how do you fine tune your choices? Take just the one brand of Nichicon & look at the audiophile sales pitch mumbo jumbo:

http://www.mouser.com/new/nichicon/Nichicon-Audio-Caps/

Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    You're older than dirt anyway....... so......
    I was God's original spokes model for dirt but then the guy on the trouble campaign broke probation so I was reassigned.
    Nothing is misguided to it's creators, only the recipients who didn't want the expectation ruined for them.

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I was God's original spokes model for dirt but then the guy on the trouble campaign broke probation so I was reassigned.

I could be a spokes model for Joe Dirt. We have a lot in common....................

No such things as bad days, just bad moments
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPL Sniffer View Post
    Musta been WAYY old school. Even the old navy manuals for our ancient radios used uf......
    Hamilton Jr. Secondary School Grade 9 electronics class - passing grade - class of '68.

After shotgunning all the electrolytic capacitors, this second APT Holman pre-amp that was dead or nearly dead in one channel is working again....for now.

Will be waiting for APT Holman pre-amp #1's subsequent problem to manifest itself in this one. Should know in a couple of weeks.

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by Netfly View Post
    You'll sometimes see mfd too. As you probably know it's actually f, not uf. Mu being the greek letter generally associated with micro.
    My kindle has a u....., not a mu.......
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Screw it

Mouser would have a fit if i ordered mf or mmf, the modern world is using uf so you old farts need to join the rest of us so we are all on the same page.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play