Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 way set of top shelf drivers for your daily driver

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Ah.....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Mac was into the game for a couple years they had 2 different version of amps and made some heads....good...but there were better....Adcom also produced car audio amps for a couple years that are outstanding if you can find them.....Pioneer had a series called ODR, Sony with their ES, and Alpine with their F1 series would be high on my search list. Alpine F1 drivers used top end Scan-Speak drivers modified for car use in their early years.
    Just Another Day in Paradise

---
    Sounds like some very nice and very exotic stuff. Most of which I'm not familiar with. I have my old system from my old Bronco, sitting, waiting for another vehicle worthy, but nothing I have will fit it a this point.

Administrator
    Thanks for the info Kevin...interesting..
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    well.....I think I have a new place to hang my hat these days so I am just a PM away if anyone wants to delve deep into the subject. I competed in late 80's early 90's then again in the early 2000's.....I may be able to point you along the right path to avoid some of those damn rabbit holes that just kept sucking me in like a shop vac on steroids. if I can't answer any question.....I have some friends that probably can :-)
    Just Another Day in Paradise

Administrator
    Sounds like the subject for a thread...

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Netfly View Post
    Sounds like some very nice and very exotic stuff. Most of which I'm not familiar with. I have my old system from my old Bronco, sitting, waiting for another vehicle worthy, but nothing I have will fit it a this point.
    I drive an 85 Bronco. Could you do a thread on your system? I just came across some plans in an old 'speaker builder' magazine for full size Bronco's.

Thanks, Brad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lift #1 032.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	29794  
    Last edited by Bradrock; 08-07-2017 at 12:20 AM.

---
    Hi Bradrock. Sure I'd be glad to. My Bronco was an 85 too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85 BRONCO 003.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	29795

I'll put it in the car audio section.