Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luxman anyone? L-3 integrated and T-2 tuner in good to great condition

---

Luxman anyone? L-3 integrated and T-2 tuner in good to great condition

Well, hate to do it.....but gotta make some room and get some funds generated. I have a Luxman L3 integrated amp. Somewhat rareish and unique in the fact that all the interconnects are located on the bottom of the amp as they used all the space in the cabinet for a big beefy power supply and "elaborate" circuitry. Slimline design, face and panels in good shape, all lights and functions work. The T-2 tuner has been one of my favorites. Not a big radio guy, but this one made me enjoy it more and more. 42 watts a channel very underrated with lots of dynamics and presence. I had it hooked up with a pair of home brew Dynaudio bookshelf speakers and kept it in office. It has two tape, phono, tuner and aux inputs. Looking for four-ish for the pair .....make me a reasonable offer via PM and we'll talk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3158.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	29749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3157.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	29750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3154.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	29751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3153.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	29752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3152.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	29753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3151.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	29754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3150.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	29755   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3149.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	29756  
    Last edited by finebar4; 08-05-2017 at 01:31 AM. Reason: photo's added
    Just Another Day in Paradise

This is pretty amazing gear, your price isn't too high, these little Lux amps have an amazing sound, I'm afraid I'm out. 42@8ohms will not make the dog lift her head off the couch armrest on the Summits.

Awesome with a nice pair of efficient 2-ways tho!!

http://stereonomono.blogspot.com/201...uxman-l-3.html

You might want to give some tips on what cables you use and how those underside connections work for you, most unusual!!
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

---
    Thanks for the good props Stuwee!!!! I appreciate it!!!! I believe that it is Class A......or heavily biased that way. As you say.....with all the connections on the bottom, it can be a bit of a trick to try and use thick heavy interconnects. I drilled a hole out in the shelf it sat on and used some homemade cables with the smallest connectors I could find. I have seen on the interwebz that some have remoted the patch panel to the back of their rack.....a great idea as well if you like using bigger connectors like Eichmans or the like. This little guy is an amazing office/bedroom setup.......not gonna hit concert level spl's, but it holds it own very well and sounds amazing doing it. I found it along my journeys a few years ago......was at a little second hand shop and stopped dead in my tracks when I heard it playing thru a pair of old JBL's.....came home with me that day. But....now I have a 400 and a 700 in the stable and they both NEED a full WOPL treatment and I spent all money acquiring them.....and a new to me Kenwood turntable with a factory Corian style base that can stand up to the vibrations I am putting in the air. My little Pro-Ject tends to grumble a bit much past half volume with the 400 hooked up

Always learning!
    What Pro-Ject? What's the cause of the grumble? Had to rearrange and spike everything to tame mine.

(Sorry for the thread crapping but we are masters of it here on Phoenix)
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

---
    1st Gen Debut. Fire engine red to match my morning eyes and I heard it sounds better than gloss black. I have added the heavy acrylic platter, a cork mat, and am relocating it today to try and tame it. I get some rumble when I add electrifying AC/DC or Priest vibrations to the air surrounding it once I get to about half way on the volume. Spikes may be solution too....maybe then I can get some Lemmie above 1/3 of the way cranked..... I really like the looks of the Pro-Ject Classic.....that is on the "things I NEED" list.

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    If your a Judas Priest fan, your aces in my book. My Priest lp collection is MASSIVE, some would even call it ridiculous. I even have every original studio album still sealed (only the Halford albums, not a fan of the Ripper Owens stuff... too downtuned since he can't match Rob's vocal range). Also have the 3 mofi's sealed and the final mastered copy of the mofi Stained Class. The gatefold is not numbered like the mofi available to the public
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

---
    Yep, huge Halford fan. Little jelly....I have to admit. I have Screaming for Vengence on Mofi....but so far, that has been the only one I have come across in my travels. I have a really rare live CD titled Rust that is my crown jewell. Recorded in the early 80's. Amazing sound quality for a live cd. You should hear it on the Luxman I have seen them probably 25-30 times since the early 80's....but only when Halford is boss.

An update of the status of your sales efforts?
    Nothing is misguided to it's creators, only the recipients who didn't want the expectation ruined for them.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    An update of the status of your sales efforts?
    They are still available....have had a few tire kickers.....but no solid bites. My feelings aren't hurt though....have had some success selling off some other gear and am awaiting an invoice from Joe for the final parts I need for rebuilding the 700b. This Luxman is a hard to find model....took a long while for me to locate this one...and truth is....it will be just as hard to part with. Stay tuned for another build thread.....driver board is done, sitting on light kit, caps, and half of my full comp of transistors.....Lee has the other half and my protection circuit......the back plane kit, face plate, and chassis are all that is left to amass and sitting on the cash to secure them

I've been trying to sell my CD changer her, there and everywhere for months now and there is just a glut, I'd be better off exporting oil.

(I read we're doing damned good at that lately).

There's a glut of gear out there, it's hard to get through the clutter...but I bumped your thread for you because it was uncommon stuff.
    Nothing is misguided to it's creators, only the recipients who didn't want the expectation ruined for them.