Page 1712 of 1713 FirstFirst ... 71212121612166217021710171117121713 LastLast
Results 17,111 to 17,120 of 17121

Thread: what are you listening to?

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Nice collection Mark, nice posts...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWComer View Post
    That's the Pioneer PL-L1000. This was not sold in the USA, the ones you see usually have been bought by servicemen at the PX and shipped home (this one was...). Fitted with Audio/Technica AT440MLa.
    The PL version was the 8000 Series II, it had a gray deck and a brushed aluminum headshell.

Starting to worry- I started the night with the Soft Cell album. The cycle passed (tonearm traveled to the record edge and lowered the point) but for some reason the arm wouldn't track. Grabbing the finger lift would not make the linear motor work, the jog wheel wouldn't move the arm. Start/Stop worked fine- arm to edge and drop, lift arm and return home- both worked correctly. I cycled the power, still didn't work. I played the Dual 1229Q for two records, then tried the Pioneer again, and it worked perfectly. Maybe a bug crawled into the tracking sensor? This sucker can't be fixed without an oscilloscope, guess it's time to get one and hope that I can get the now obsolete ICs to refurbish it.

Mark, my good friend and old roommate Dale, has one. He was in the Navy. IIRC, bought at the PX in the UK when new, maybe you guys can chat about things. I know he's had issues with it, the sensor and the switch. They Do Not Like to be moved. He is an EE and now works the overnight shift for the USPS. I'll see if I can PM you his email and you guys see how that works. His is not working last time I talked to him.
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Owner of Martin Logan Summits, aka 'The Slabs' driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

If you aren't royally pissed, You are not paying attention!!!! Justice has been served as of now...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWComer View Post
    Soft Cell- Nonstop Ecstatic Dancing
    (c. 1982, Sterling, pressed at Capitol Jacksonville, VG++/NM [bought new in 1983])
    Side 1: Could have done without the ruined version of "Where Did Our Love Go"
    Side 2: Turn up the volume (especially at track 2), culminates with the infamous "Sex Dwarf"

Egad! The You Tube video crashed my browser window! HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEIEIEEEEEEE!
    Forget Aerosmith! It hurts to walk ANY way some daze!

Okay, I reset Firefox on my 32 bit machine in here and that seems to have helped some. It was crashing more than the stock market for a while.
    Forget Aerosmith! It hurts to walk ANY way some daze!

Sony Metal Master FTW !

Features an epic 18 minutes track with Alex Lifeson of Rush.
    | WOPL | Sony ES | B&W | Rotel | MoFi | AT | Denon | SoundMagic | Ultrasone | Cobalt Cable | PS Audio | Signet | Oppo |

Excellent political journalism died when Tim Russert did.

Administrator
    Good??
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Sony Metal Master FTW !
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Good??
    It's SoCal stoner rock. You have to be in the mood for it. Not quite as good as the Nebula records I discovered a few years back, but not bad either. The Alex Lifeson featured track peels paint
    | WOPL | Sony ES | B&W | Rotel | MoFi | AT | Denon | SoundMagic | Ultrasone | Cobalt Cable | PS Audio | Signet | Oppo |

Excellent political journalism died when Tim Russert did.

1989's The Creatures ~ Boomerang, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomer...eatures_album)

Every song is different in style and sound, the recording is one of the best SQ wise, especially on the slabs , hard to pick a fav...so I just jam the shit outta the whole disc ...my new pain meds are very enhancing of this uber cool classic.
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Owner of Martin Logan Summits, aka 'The Slabs' driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

If you aren't royally pissed, You are not paying attention!!!! Justice has been served as of now...

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    The Crystal Method - Tweekend
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by lattiboy, post: 11205733, member: 245918
    my eyes were forced shut by the air pressure change
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Administrator
    "Vegas" track 4 is still a standard WOPL test tune..