Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Great American Eclipse 8/21/17

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post
    What if you were driving an Eclipse to see the eclipse, and you wrecked it - you might have totalled your Eclipse on your way to see the total eclipse...
    Could happen if you were Starion at the sun.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Oh Gawd.....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    One of the great things about staying home yesterday? I missed this mess! And I understand it was like this from Casper, WY to Cheyenne, WY. It took some friends of ours 8 hours to travel that 180 mile trip.

Comment
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator

More than a million people visited Wyoming for eclipse, early estimates show
    Wyoming’s population almost tripled for a day during Monday’s eclipse, according to early estimates.
    trib.com

Administrator

Administrator
    http://k2radio.com/time-lapse-record...eclipse-video/

This is kinda cool, 196 aircraft used the Casper airport, that's a lot for Casper...

Jesus, what a wonderful pic Lee, is it real or photo shopped?
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

Administrator
    Don't know Craig...

Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Don't know Craig...
    Either way, very NICE!!
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I expect a lot of research info from this one. The sun's surface is only 10,000+F, the corona, the gases that blow off the surface are 10 million+F, we haven't figured out why yet...

It takes a proton close to a billion years to get away from the sun's core where fusion started billions of years ago, it bounces, mates and fuses, then escapes to the turmoil near the surface. To blow off into light we see, warmth we feel . Then we have this wonderful magnetic field that protects us from the harmful radiation the sun spews our way

Is there another place like this anywhere else?? With billions of living things everywhere?? I know we're being watched because we are special, 'they' are not happy with how we conduct ourselves lately, we are about to throw it all away because of some petty bullshit differences amongist ourselves of religion, the 'why are we here' crap, let's grow a pair, MAN UP, WOMEN UP, TRANS UP!! GAY THE FUCK UP!!!!
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm