Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great American Eclipse 8/21/17

The Great American Eclipse 8/21/17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_...ugust_21,_2017

I hope some of ya's get to be in the path of totality !!! Street lights coming on at high noon

I'm going to age myself greatly here, I remember sitting in science class at the age of 8 in St. Louis MO, the teacher said the next total eclipse would be in 2017, I remember thinking...Damn, I'll be a very old man then!! Well, it was hard for my tiny 3rd grade mind to wrap itself around that , now here we are...looks like Carbondale Ill will be the place to be.

I'm having an eclipse party with some young co-workers at casa de la stu, what should we play on the slabs?? Hmmm

Anyone ever see the Steven King movie Delores Clayborn??
    Last edited by stuwee; 07-30-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    A majority of Wyoming will be in totality. Gillette will be at 97% and we are in the NE corner...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Stu, we are about the same age, but I never heard about the 2017 eclipse until a year or so ago. We will drive to Saint Joseph or Excelsior Springs to see totality - not too far from here at all. I have my welding glass from the last eclipse we viewed in Farmington, New Mexico a few years back.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

Been through at least a partial one about 12 years ago...I don't have the money for welding glasses to see it safely and I'm not going to customize a rod unfortunately, so no need for them, no arc welder.

For a 2 1/2 minute window of totality and not much else I can watch it on TV, and there will be decent skip, the likes of which were impressive listening to my Delco UX-1 in my old Chevy.
    Brought to you by...improved OLD AGE! Whatever you want, Old Age has got it, get your own, and get off my property! Crazy kids!

Administrator
    (and straight-up pimp stick!)
    A partial eclipse can happen in midday when you're on your second flat of beer, it's 105* F outside, and you are on your 4th time around listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Nando.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_...ugust_21,_2017

I hope some of ya's get to be in the path of totality !!! Street lights coming on at high noon

I'm going to age myself greatly here, I remember sitting in science class at the age of 8 in St. Louis MO, the teacher said the next total eclipse would be in 2017, I remember thinking...Damn, I'll be a very old man then!! Well, it was hard for my tiny 3rd grade mind to wrap itself around that , now here we are...looks like Carbondale Ill will be the place to be.

I'm having an eclipse party with some young co-workers at casa de la stu, what should we play on the slabs?? Hmmm

Anyone ever see the Steven King movie Delores Clayborn??

God Particle you silly twit!!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    God Particle you silly twit!!
    Haha! That settles that , several of these youngn's have not heard my system, should be fun to show off before the skies darken, I'm envious of some of you's, we're pretty far south.

The Shpongle 'Museum of Consciousness' Lp should arrive by then!!! Ooooooh, gonna blow some tender, young minds
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

Administrator
    Good man.....

Well, it seems like the start in Tucson will be at 9:04am, with the darkest at 10:39am, that's good because the sun has yet to rise up at that point, still spooky being well outside the zone, the kids are excited about the whole party...Shpongle will be played and then we'll veer off course as is the way at 'casa de La stu'

I'm thinking of wreaking their last good nerve with the Rolling Stones 'Some Girls' MOFi OMR on Lp at some point, "askin' people shu shu shu whats the matter wit yu boy'", only played a handful of times, 'bout as real as it gets to the original tape on my system...Adele, Prince, Culture Club....Frankie Goes to Hollywood!! Oooooo!!!
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

Administrator
    I think we'll be at the river then, and it will be in totality..