Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Great American Eclipse 8/21/17

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Love the A-10....Firepower is beautiful...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Love the A-10....Firepower is beautiful...
    Yes, indeed - I understand that the main gun has more thrust than the engines...
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Subscribe to KGAB on
    During the first phase of the eclipse, a visible object crossed in front of the Sun, it was not the moon, it was the International Space Station. It was uniquely visible from the state of Wyoming, according to Smarter Every Day.
    Destin Sandlin, the host of the You Tube channel, Smarter Every Day, traveled all the way to Wyoming to see the eclipse because he and a buddy figured out that from there they could see something that could not be seen in any other state.
    The entire eclipse was a three-hour event. The moment of totality only lasts 2.5 minutes. While totality is an amazing event, there is a lot to see during that long transit time.
    Call it a “Three Clips” because you can see three objects at once. As the Moon crossed in front of the Sun, so did the International Space Station.
    Amerter Every Day chose to set up in Crowheart, Wyoming as the best point to see the transit of the space station. They were gained special permission to view the event from a ranch in the middle of an Indian reservation where not many people are allowed to visit.
    Folks in Glendo were also able to see the transit of that space station as well, but Crowheart was considered the best place to witness the crossing, according to the math.
    Anyone outside of Wyoming would not be able to see the station transit during the eclipse because of the time and angle of the eclipse in their corresponding area.
    So chalk one up for our state, we had something extra to our eclipse that no one else got to see.

Read More: International Space Station Only Visible in Wyoming During Eclipse | http://kgab.com/mysterious-object-in...ckback=tsmclip

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Last edited by laatsch55; 08-24-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Deb and I went over to the Nathan Hale Homestead to catch it when it was at max coverage at 2:45pm. Got a little dark, nice to have a chance to do something cool with just the old lady
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    I've got some great inspiring pictures on my other desktop I'll post up some day.
    My wife is Dutch & stays in touch with kin back in the old country.
    Did you know that they do a HUGE re enactment of 'Market Garden' every year? I mean YUGE! Mass air drops, rubber boats across the river, hundreds and hundreds of amazing restored vehicles. And they are suited up as AMERICANS! They LOVE us like we liberated them yesterday! And they still honor the few remaining Dutch WW11 survivors like nothing I have ever seen here.
    I have multi files of pics from last years events.

Gotta love those C-47's !! Most beautiful aircraft ever built. Well............The A-10 ain't bad either.
    I love the Dutch!! I was there back in 1990, everyone speaks English, and yes, they love Americans. I had more fun there than any other country I visited in Europe.

Back during WWII, the Dutch would ask certain questions to folks they did not know in their towns, the answers to the questions answered in Dutch could only be from someone who was born there and spoke the language, the Germans trying to infiltrate were immediatly shot

You can't speak proper Dutch unless you were born there, period. I would love to go back someday, a friend and his partner own a beautiful 6 story house built in 1512.
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4