Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PL D500

New Around These Parts
    ---

PL D500

I recently acquired one in need of repair and need some guidance. With a DBT in circuit turned power on bulb not dim but not very bright. I removed all outputs and found 1 that was bad. reinstalled 6 good transistors. The r and l amps board had 1 burnt resistor and several others that had been very hot at one time r213 was burned badly. I also replaced other components that had gotten very hot R213, r113, r 115, r215, r103, r203,. After this hooked up cd and no movement from left or right LED gain knobs. Actually right gain knob LED illumination is stuck in the middle. Ideas thanks.

Forum Veteran
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaxman View Post
    I recently acquired one in need of repair and need some guidance. With a DBT in circuit turned power on bulb not dim but not very bright. I removed all outputs and found 1 that was bad. reinstalled 6 good transistors. The r and l amps board had 1 burnt resistor and several others that had been very hot at one time r213 was burned badly. I also replaced other components that had gotten very hot R213, r113, r 115, r215, r103, r203,. After this hooked up cd and no movement from left or right LED gain knobs. Actually right gain knob LED illumination is stuck in the middle. Ideas thanks.
    Whereabouts are you located? Perhaps we can find someone closer to you to help.

Ed

New Around These Parts
    ---

pl 500

alabama, PM sent

New Around These Parts
    ---

PL d500

The high temp light and high frequency lights are both illuminated would this indicate where the issue might be? thanks

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Did Ed answer??
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaxman View Post
    The high temp light and high frequency lights are both illuminated would this indicate where the issue might be? thanks
    Your issue is probably on the pl32 board. There is no common link to these lights in the display board. Please see photo for voyage test for high Frequency problems.

If the three plugs of small wires on the back top of the display board are mixed up you can have this issue however not a common thing.

when engaged the high frequency circuit cuts input to the opamps when high frequency oscialtion detected so you need to sort out the high frequency problems. You can pull c105 c205 and c1 c2 from board to remove circuit from system also pull D5 to turn off light. It is proabley the ic that is gone south on you there.

As to high temp that light doubles as indicator for DCP relay as well. When first powered on it lights and then goes out when relay latches. If relay does not latch light stays on and there is no output. The wires to engage the relay may be not connected or Loose. I will attach photo of relay

this unit requires some test equipment and the service manual. Pm me your email address if you need a copy

glen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7105.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	29562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7104.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	29563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7103.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	29564  
    try the Lightening Bolt WOPL 1000 for a hair lifting experience today

Warning !!! Use only when you want to blown the town down

proud father of the only WOPL Fully Comp dual 500

---
    Schematic are on post 1 of this thread

http://forums.phxaudiotape.com/showt...500-schematics

---
    Trouble shoot DCP relay first to ensure it works as Hi frequency light issue may be related

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Good man Glen!!

taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

New Around These Parts
    ---

PL d500

There is a relay that engages but the high frequency and hi temp light stays on. How can I troubleshoot the DCP relay? Thanks