Thread: PL D500

New Around These Parts
    ---

PL D500

Anyone?

New Around These Parts
    ---

PL d500

Anyone use the d500 P-32 repair kit on ebay?

Forum Veteran
    ---
    Here are some parts of the D500 schematic that I re-drew awhile back. The original is too small to easily follow. I'm slowly working on (re-drawing) the rest of the circuitry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-500 Mains Turn On Circuit_051016.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	29621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-500 Hi Z - Lo Z Circuit_051016.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	29622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-500 DC Sense-Infrasonic_High Temp Circuit_051016.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	29623

New Around These Parts
    ---

high voltage checking DC offset

I am checking voltage for DC offset at point where all emitter resistors tie together I have the rail fuses out and the predrivers and outputs out. Somehow I have 62 volts on the right channel, I recently rebuilt the R and L amp board, Ideas are appreciated, thanks

Forum Veteran
    ---
    More re-drawn D500 schematics. I'm working on the rest of the LED meter(s) and control section next. I can't believe PL (attempted to) squeeze the entire schematic on one lousy page and made the print so small.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phase Linear D500_Left Channel Input_High Frequency Circuit_v1.0_081717.pdf 
Views:	19 
Size:	938.8 KB 
ID:	30041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phase Linear D500_Right Channel Input_v1.0_081717.pdf 
Views:	18 
Size:	840.1 KB 
ID:	30042

New Around These Parts
    ---
    Wanted to revive an old thread, hope you guys OK with it.

Thanks THD+N for the updated Schematics for the D500. Appreciate the hard work.

But I have to ask, since I wanted to work on my LED meters over the next few weeks.

Did you ever finish your updated rendition of the LED meter control section??

Carl

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickcarl View Post
    Wanted to revive an old thread, hope you guys OK with it.

Thanks THD+N for the updated Schematics for the D500. Appreciate the hard work.

But I have to ask, since I wanted to work on my LED meters over the next few weeks.

Did you ever finish your updated rendition of the LED meter control section??

Carl
    are your LED drivers shot? I know some of us put some of the UAA170's away for a rainy day but I have done dozens of 700 Series II amps which were in HORRIBLE shape and only saw 0ne or two bad ones and they were from corrosion since the amps were improperly stored in Hawaii. The rest of the meter drive circuitry is easily sourced.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

New Around These Parts
    ---
    No all my LED drivers are still working.
    But,, I am being a little picky here.
    On my Dual 500 the left meter when the volume is turned all or most of the the way down, the far leftmost LED is not moving or lighting as far left as it should.
    I believe it is the 3rd LED that is lighting up when idle, maybe the 2nd LED.

Here have a look , the left LED indicator doesn't drop all the way back to the leftmost position. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	left channel led issue Dual 500.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	31897 Here's the right side, its ok.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	right channel led non issue Dual 500.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	31898

New Around These Parts
    ---
    It may be just an alignment issue and not the LED or the drivers at all. The more I look at it, the more it looks as if the number plate is shifted to the left.

One of the reasons I was looking for an updated schematic is this amp will turn-on normally, but once it has warmed up for 10 min or more and I turn it off, then attempt to turn it back on all it does is hum. It has to cool for about a half hour then to will turn on normally. At least until it heats back up.
    Last edited by Quickcarl; 06-06-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Screw it
    Go through and resolder all connections and get all that nasty flux off them. The pot could be crusty too..... If I remember, I sourced some new pots for the display boards... I don't believe it's a driver at all.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play