Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rack Handle solution

No such things as bad days, just bad moments
    They look OK but can whatever metal they're made of take the weight of amp moving it from place to place? I only think such a thing because during the first ten or so years of having my 700B, it was a PA amp and got hauled around quite a bit. Quite often, I carried it by only one handle and although it never did, the thought occurred of if that handle snapped off we would probably be PA-less for whatever gig we were doing.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPL Sniffer View Post
    Just my humble opinion and 2 cents but i think (and always say), kitchen drawer pulls need to stay in the kitchen. Its like putting sparkling water in your bong..... just plain inappropriate... sorry, they don't look right.
    I respect your opinion. They don't look correct but they are actually better quality and build. We all know Bob built on a budget. These are heavier duty and have an improved base. Still love the original look but if you are faced with bolts or this..

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by kingman View Post
    I respect your opinion. They don't look correct but they are actually better quality and build. We all know Bob built on a budget. These are heavier duty and have an improved base. Still love the original look but if you are faced with bolts or this..
    The handles can be made of titanium or unobtainium, don't Matter, its in the bolts or screws you use to attach them. Thats the weak link. If you are happy with drawer pulls, thats cool. I do alot of different (read crazy) shit. I once made a backlane out of a piece of toast that looked like jesus. It was noisy, but brought me good luck.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    They look decent, beats trying to carry around one of those amps w/o handles!!!
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

---
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPL Sniffer View Post
    The handles can be made of titanium or unobtainium, don't Matter, its in the bolts or screws you use to attach them. Thats the weak link. If you are happy with drawer pulls, thats cool. I do alot of different (read crazy) shit. I once made a backlane out of a piece of toast that looked like jesus. It was noisy, but brought me good luck.
    You are correct. Screws are the weak point along with the metal composite. Stainless screws for me....originals are good nuff but...

---
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    They look decent, beats trying to carry around one of those amps w/o handles!!!
    I see you are no stranger to that...these lopsided bastards are heavy! Lol!

Screw it
    Amen King, but here, Menards has 5 times as many as Home Depot....simply amazing. Gillette must be a great market for handles...drawer pulls, whatever ya call em...
    I miss menards, we dont have them down here on the border.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Our Menards is only a year old here, Home Depot's been here for years.
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    I don't think I have ever seen a Menards
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 62vauxhall View Post
    They look OK but can whatever metal they're made of take the weight of amp moving it from place to place? I only think such a thing because during the first ten or so years of having my 700B, it was a PA amp and got hauled around quite a bit. Quite often, I carried it by only one handle and although it never did, the thought occurred of if that handle snapped off we would probably be PA-less for whatever gig we were doing.
    And footless...