Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Also pondering turntable switcher

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    3 in , 2 out, that shouldn't take long...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

"Keep it Simple so It's Simple to Keep" Stephen Evans--2013 " Don't trust a man who will not listen to music, for he doesn't trust his own emotions"

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    (and straight-up pimp stick!)
    Gary: In a dedicated thread, I will set aside some time to post pictures I took at Innovative Audio's 10th Annual Vintage Audio & Record Garage Sale. We had a good time there. The event was well-attended with lots of good gear and media available.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Taking a look at affordable rides, this generation of cars is where it's at. Love to see more of the big Caddy, Brad.

Yah, I went overboard in getting a GM AM/FM stereo 8-track deck. Geri and I both bought the Buick. This thing is a time capsule - it even smells like 1976 when sitting inside.

Nando.

I am Sooooo Diggin' your new ride!! Pretty, Pretty!!
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

No such things as bad days, just bad moments
    Ironic that When I first looked on e-bay for that Niles switcher, there were two. Perry, you got the new one and the one I bid on went for $1 more than my bid. Not choked at that at all, and would not have spent over the $52 US it went for.

I got intrigued enough by the 5 position switcher I saw with knob on top to investigate further. Cheapest e-bay price I saw was $32.95 with free shipping but I found an online vendor MCM, selling them for $22.98 shipped so I ordered one. Will wind up being $30 CDN so plenty 'nuff for an experiment.

The brand is YIS, undoubtedly from China but I get no hits on Google searching that name. Thought at least I'd get a link to an AK thread saying what a piece of crap it is. But there are six customer reviews on the MCM site, all (nudge, nudge) good. Mentioned was that it did have a steel box, the rotary switch had good feel and one guy says his has been doing duty for six months with no issues. So i mean really, how much better an endorsement can there be than working for six months without crapping out?

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...ductid=50-6180