Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carver 4000t Preamp rework/rebuild

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    LM317 regulators?
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    L7912CV and L7812CV
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Ah......
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    What are the differences between the Carver 4000t & the c4000? I've watched several c4000's on the bay , but no 4000t's yet.

Thanks, Brad

Screw it
    If memory serves me, the C-4000 is set up for a center, left, and right time delay set of speakers (small screw terminals on the back of the pre), whereas tbe 4000t has a set of terminals on the back for rear surround speakers (just one speaker).
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

---
    The difference is the amount of time delay for the delayed speakers settings. I believe the c4000T has 5 ms less delay than the c4000for each stting
    try the Lightening Bolt WOPL 1000 for a hair lifting experience today

Warning !!! Use only when you want to blown the town down

proud father of the only WOPL Fully Comp dual 500

I'm very curious about any tech item
    Not only !
    4000 has no MC input and no digital lens .
    4000t has no peak unlimiter and no power amp for rear speakers.
    Ciao
    Marco

---
    Quote Originally Posted by grapplesaw View Post
    The difference is the amount of time delay for the delayed speakers settings. I believe the c4000T has 5 ms less delay than the c4000for each stting
    My appoligies on this subject. I had two C4000, on gold trim and one gun metal. They had two different time delay times. I switched the gold face plate and knobs onto the gun metal one which had the shorter delay time and then sold the longer delay time unit, now gun metal one. I had in my mind it was a c4000t but now see there were two different offerings of the c4000. So the C4000t is quite different. I will stick to the c4000 over the c4000t. I currently have two gold face c4000 units. I plan to redo one this winter as per upgrades listed in this forum

---
    Quote Originally Posted by grapplesaw View Post
    My appoligies on this subject. I had two C4000, on gold trim and one gun metal. They had two different time delay times. I switched the gold face plate and knobs onto the gun metal one which had the shorter delay time and then sold the longer delay time unit, now gun metal one. I had in my mind it was a c4000t but now see there were two different offerings of the c4000. So the C4000t is quite different. I will stick to the c4000 over the c4000t. I currently have two gold face c4000 units. I plan to redo one this winter as per upgrades listed in this forum

I'm very curious about any tech item
    I have checked the C 4000 versions
    Before 1982 time delay is 35/50 ms and after is 16 /25 ms .
    Furthermore there is a version with MC input .
    My version is the first one .

Ciao
    Marco