Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from the Ozark's!

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
    Wow Brad! You Sir are a REAL MAN! In every sense of the words , most impressive intro, no one would dare kick ya to the curb buddy!!

You're wife is lovely , I spent most of my summers on Torch Lake at my Grandparents estate in the '60's and 70's, 3 houses up from Walter P Chrysler Jrs pad, Torch is just east of Grand Traverse Bay, I hope your wife's horrible accident didn't put ya's off of that magical part of the country!

Plus you have a TT and watch racing on TV!! My kinda guy!! And what a lovely pup you have! You like guns and love our country !! I'll stop gushing now, welcome to another magical place on the planet...PACF!! Craig

Heh...Heh.., My folks cabin was ' On the Bay' near Torch Lake Village. My dad bought a 100' frontage lot around 1960 for $800.00 !!! They made out pretty well when they sold it to move near us in Florida! The cabin was nice, but by then it was surrounded by multi million dollar shacks. I spent a lot of time shooting pool up at Eastport, & what was it ? Brownwood? I still like Elk Rapids......, Kewadin... Ahhhh Gods country ( And medical herbs too) But just sucks in a wheelchair for about nine months a year.
    Interlochen was my last home up there.
    Now day's when I hear 'Torch Lake' I just think of Michael Moore ..................
    BTW; Born & raised at Belleville
    Oh..Oh.. I was the first freshman in history to be the captain of the debate team there & was planning to be the first Governor of the U.P. ! After I led the succession!
    Must have had some good shit back then.....................

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Brad,you are what we value around here and that is being a :character", god knows we need less clones and more characters...welcome to Phoenix bud!!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!
    Welcome to Phoenix, Brad! Yeah I remember Charley too... and Frances.. and Wilma LOL. That was right around the time we bit the bullet and moved to Sarasota due to HQ's moving, but I tell ya... somebody was trying to tell us something when Charley cut our house hunting leave short. A year was enough, and we moved back here to VA.

Yep, you'll fit right in here... We're small, but tight..
    Mains - "Frankey", the WOPL'd 700 "in disguise", Backplaned With Fully Complementary Output Stage / Sansui AU-517 (Pre Only) / CV D-9's (mod'd)
    Analog - Denon DN-790R, Technics SL-Q5 Linear Tracker
    Digital - Asus Xonar ST DAC running at 96K, pure digital bliss

You can't fight the fella ... in the Brite Nitegown - D Fagen
    Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three do! - 2NU

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    " I hope your wife's horrible accident didn't put ya's off of that magical part of the country"

Not at all! Marla broke her neck in 74 . I moved 'North' in 75. One of her older sisters was my favorite 'herbist'. So we knew each other for awhile before getting married in 86 right after she got her degree ( Magna cum laude I'll add). Id been crapped on by enough women by then that I thought HEY this could work for both of us. Get her out of her parents house & have a wife with little worry of her cattin around. And it's been wonderful................
    She taught grades 9 - 12, EMH students until her spinal fracture started to deteriorate ( along with my back). So we were already retired when the Hurricane wiped us out both physically & financially. That's why we are here VERY low cost of living. We sold our small house in a small sub for enough to buy our 20 acre farm with house, 3 barns and a couple ponds. Total taxes around $300.00 a year !!
    All 8 of my vehicles are also paid off. so.....pretty sweet deal.

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeckva View Post
    Welcome to Phoenix, Brad! Yeah I remember Charley too... and Frances.. and Wilma LOL. That was right around the time we bit the bullet and moved to Sarasota due to HQ's moving, but I tell ya... somebody was trying to tell us something when Charley cut our house hunting leave short. A year was enough, and we moved back here to VA.

Yep, you'll fit right in here... We're small, but tight..
    We were at Punta Gorda. Ground zero. 15 minutes to prepare. ( Was supposed to go up coast to Tampa & took hard right at Boca Grande). Then Ivan, Gene, Francis over next six weeks.....................We had about the only house still standing in our sub. We were stuck in house for two weeks before crews found us..........UGHHHHHH.....
    Wife could not leave Florida fast enough!! Her words were something like " Fuck this shit"!!

Forum Veteran
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by NavLinear View Post
    Hey Brad - welcome to our small world. It's good to see new members that articulate a nice synopsis of their electronic life and a vision of their version of the audio world. I see that you have a beautiful wife but I'm committed to welcome new members with a Nav babe - so here she is:
    Eh...Nice doorstop, If you want my attention: Tiny butt, tiny tit's & long hard nips..

Thanks for the welcome!

Yep Brownwood! Spent many times there, how about Schuss Mountain/Shanty Creek, remember them? For those who don't know, Torch is one of the most beautiful lakes on planet Earth...Period! 19 miles long, 1.5 miles wide and up to 350 feet deep of crystal clear, spring fed water that changes colors as you look at it...the Carribean of the north Gramps had a 1962 21' Century Resorter powered by a '62 460cid Ford NASCAR engine smuggled out of Dearborn by some of his croonies fastest boat on the lake for many years. I have pics somewhere, here's one from the net of a CC on Torch, the water really looks like that...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torch Lake.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	29344
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

Always learning!
    Schuss Mountain...takes me back Craig. 1st wife's father was an original investor. Spent many weekends up there (when times were good) '76-'80. Loved the place. Maybe we ran into each other and didn't even know it!
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.