Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the Ozark's!

Journeyman Member
    ---I run with Scissors

Greetings from the Ozark's!

My name is Brad. I'm 62 & have been tinkering with electronics & many other hobbies since the mid sixties.I still have my Lafayette, Knight , Heath, Dynaco. Allied , etc. Catalogs from back then.Man I wanted that Heathkit color TV kit!
    I can follow directions or copy things. I know the components & what they do. But still can't quite grasp what all is going on in entire systems/ circuits.
    Anyhow my hobbies take wide circles & now I'm back to DIY audio. I've been a member at a couple other well known forums for years, but the elitist snob engineers were getting a bit tiresome.
    I found this site watching a Youtube guy named Mark Comer doing White Oak mods. What a cool kat! Wish I had a friend like him with similar interests.
    I grew up near Detroit & moved to South West fla. in 1986 the day after getting married. My wife has been a quad since a 1974 diving accident near Traverse City. She still got her teaching degree & we went south for a better wheelchair climate.
    Then we got wiped out by Hurricane Charley in 2004.
    Now in VERY rural Mo. starting over.
    I have the same stereo stuff I bought in 1974 & 76.
    Sony 7065 receiver, B&O Beogram 3000 turntable, Bose 901's on pedastals & in 76 got the Infinity Qb's.
    By the time you guy's kick me to the curb, I hope to have something a bit more advanced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P001334.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	29285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stereo 020.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	29286  

Always learning!
    You're gonna like it here Brad. BTW...I can guarantee Mark C. Will be flattered by your remarks. He does a good job. Almost got me to bite and try it on my own but chickened out. Lee built my WOPL. These guys know their stuff. We really do consider everyone here friends, glad ya joined.
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Welcome to Phoenix I think you'll fit right in here
    Turning Pristine Audio Gear into Junk One unit at a Time

Screw it
    Yup, welcome aboard Brad, glad you got away from hurricane alley. Settle in and have some fun.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on acid in the 1970's. I wrote it down an a "Big Bamboo" rolling paper and you know what happened after that............ I'm too old to do any more acid so yer stuck with the shit mister.

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Brad, glad to see you're here. I used to live in West Plains, where I met a couple who then lived in Alton for awhile, moved to Texas for several years, and now they're back in West Plains. I live in Independence, MO, but miss the Ozarks. I hope you like it here, and I think your gear looks more than respectable! BTW, I'm an oddball here, being a non-owner of Phase Linear gear, but still pushing nearly 300 wpc in my main system.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

Journeyman Member
    ---I run with Scissors
    Thanks all! I love it here. From the crazy traffic & insane county codes of Florida to a town of 700 people with NO permits / inspections at all is amazing! In Fl. I could not even work on my own house. Licensed contractors only! Here I went to the courthouse for a permit when I put up my 30 x 40 shop & they looked at me like WHUT? Even when I set up 3 phase, just do it!
    Only issue is both being crippled & my cancer with the docs 45 miles away at West Plains. That's a long roller coaster ride! Heh..Heh

The pic is from my LazyBoy 'Command center'
    Last edited by Bradrock; 06-11-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Journeyman Member
    ---I run with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishoz View Post
    You're gonna like it here Brad. BTW...I can guarantee Mark C. Will be flattered by your remarks. He does a good job. Almost got me to bite and try it on my own but chickened out. Lee built my WOPL. These guys know their stuff. We really do consider everyone here friends, glad ya joined.
    You know; I've had most of the same interest's since I was a kid, but of all my friends I've never had one who really worked on anything except maybe cars.
    When I watch Marks videos I think damn how fun it would be to have a buddy to compare notes with.
    I guess now I'm thankful for the world wide web. It's amazing to a guy who used to spend time at the library every week!

That's my dad with the cig. He passed four years ago. Taught me that regardless of your income, you can make it go farther if you don't have to pay someone to fix your stuff.

Wow Brad! You Sir are a REAL MAN! In every sense of the words , most impressive intro, no one would dare kick ya to the curb buddy!!

You're wife is lovely , I spent most of my summers on Torch Lake at my Grandparents estate in the '60's and 70's, 3 houses up from Walter P Chrysler Jrs pad, Torch is just east of Grand Traverse Bay, I hope your wife's horrible accident didn't put ya's off of that magical part of the country!

Plus you have a TT and watch racing on TV!! My kinda guy!! And what a lovely pup you have! You like guns and love our country !! I'll stop gushing now, welcome to another magical place on the planet...PACF!! Craig
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

Hey oldphaser - I'm hot - how 'bout you?
    Hey Brad - welcome to our small world. It's good to see new members that articulate a nice synopsis of their electronic life and a vision of their version of the audio world. I see that you have a beautiful wife but I'm committed to welcome new members with a Nav babe - so here she is:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0076-jaime-bergman-playboy-06.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	29295  
    If you get offended by the jokes and comments on here, go ahead and blame your parents... for raising a pussy.

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Thanks all! I love it here. From the crazy traffic & insane county codes of Florida to a town of 700 people with NO permits / inspections at all is amazing! In Fl. I could not even work on my own house. Licensed contractors only! Here I went to the courthouse for a permit when I put up my 30 x 40 shop & they looked at me like WHUT? Even when I set up 3 phase, just do it!
    Only issue is both being crippled & my cancer with the docs 45 miles away at West Plains. That's a long roller coaster ride! Heh..Heh

The pic is from my LazyBoy 'Command center'
    I remember the sense of freedom I had down there - when I got a parking ticket in West Plains, I went to the courthouse, expecting to pay Kansas City rates, but was surprised to pay ONE DOLLAR! A coworker of mine told me she would drive from WP to Alton at speeds that qualified as Felony Speeding - don't remember the number she told me, but she said she got airborne on the hilltops...

What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]