Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PL20 REV C board capacitors C3L & C3E went POOF

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    R1 is a one ohm resistor...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

No such things as bad days, just bad moments
    Thanks Lee. The text on the schematic was pretty blurry, it looked like 1K to me. Might get home before 10 tonight but in any case, will check it later.

Administrator
    Gary, if it biased up no need to check it...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Works for me!

It lives!!!!

Listened to two album sides with the 400 today and....sweet! I made a power switch from a plastic project box, a toggle switch and an AC plug and stuck it on the transformer side of the chassis - crude but effective. Meters barely twitch at one click below noise complaint level but it sounds thick, rich and sparkly all at the same time. Like good Bearnaise made with champagne. Don't know how that would taste, I'm at a loss for an for an analogy.

Glen had it on his analyzer a while ago after I put in the new board and and he re-installed the output transistors the right way and got 265 per side.

Can't say enough about those white LED's behind dark lenses. The meters look like meters should - thanks Joe!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3330.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	29430Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3331.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	29431

Administrator
    SCHWEET, Gary's a 400 WOPLER now...

Maybe I should bi-amp my Kappa's now- 700B for the bottom, 400 for the top.

Nah, probably overkill in a condo.

Administrator
    Well......I wouldn't say that....