Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heads Up Vinyl Spinners................

Always learning!
    Did you get that TT going yet Lee?
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Not yet, got the cartridge sitting here. I was hoping it would slow down a little at work, but not yet so far...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

"Keep it Simple so It's Simple to Keep" Stephen Evans--2013 " Don't trust a man who will not listen to music, for he doesn't trust his own emotions"

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    The Runaways have a album called live at the Agora Ballroom also. That venue saw a lot of recordings
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

---
    Awful releases this year. I never would have imagined this RSD would have strayed so far from what it was. Prices have shot up, the releases keep getting worse and worse. Its so watered down now.

I havent had the urge to spin much vinyl lately not to mention buy anything. The whole scene has me a little jaded these days. I hardly fire up the system anymore.

Also my PL-71 died. Dont have any nice tables kicking around anymore to replace it for the time being. Maybe when my interest sparks up again, I'll look into replacing it if Bill cant get it fixed. Seems a lot of times though when they quit like this the motor is toast. Wait and see I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    And an evening sitting on the bed getting your hair parted by a WOPL.....

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaH View Post
    Awful releases this year. I never would have imagined this RSD would have strayed so far from what it was. Prices have shot up, the releases keep getting worse and worse. Its so watered down now.

I havent had the urge to spin much vinyl lately not to mention buy anything. The whole scene has me a little jaded these days. I hardly fire up the system anymore.

Also my PL-71 died. Dont have any nice tables kicking around anymore to replace it for the time being. Maybe when my interest sparks up again, I'll look into replacing it if Bill cant get it fixed. Seems a lot of times though when they quit like this the motor is toast. Wait and see I guess.
    Outside of the Light In The Attic offerings, nothing for me either. As my LRS opted not to order them, I will be staying home again this year.

What is wrong with it? I found a power supply on eBay almost immediately.
    When it is your birthday, think of your mother and be good to her. They LIED to her when they told her to keep pushing, it will be over shortly...

Awful releases this year. I never would have imagined this RSD would have strayed so far from what it was. Prices have shot up, the releases keep getting worse and worse. Its so watered down now...
    Glad someone else had the same reaction. I was not impressed with what was released but for a couple of things I can wait for, like Jason Isbell's new album that comes out in the middle of next month. Overall, a real disappointment. And at $30 - $40 per disc prices, I'm not committing to something unless I can hear the disc before I buy. I've purchased too many new albums (and even a $250 remastered box set of all the Dire Straits lps) lately that are atrocious pressings: enough ticks, pops, groove hash, and such to ruin the listening experience.

Finding much better results tracking down either hi-rez downloads or CDs and burning them to tape...
    There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator...

http://reelrecording.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geegz View Post
    Definitely have to pick up this live Cars LP recorded live at the Agora........ growing up near Cleveland, OH I remember WMMS (home of the buzzard) used to have live lunch hour concerts from the Agora Ballroom!
    Love the Buzzard bro but...Ya gotta have some sweetmeat!! K-SHE 95FM BayBee in old St. Louee MO Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K-SHE 95.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	29038
    Documented SAE Fanatic

New owner of Martin Logan Summits, driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha