Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 700B/ Series II heat sinks

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Perry, I did a total of 4 sets of coppers, 2 for the 400's and 2 for a 700. Blaze ES's 400 has a set, Stephen's 400 and Ed has the two 700 sets...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    Dang it, I need a set....
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

---there is no replacement for displacement
    Hey Perry, what size C channel (OD width and ID width) did you use for this? Is the ID crowding the transistor vs the stock heat sink? I have a thought on a 1 piece aluminum heat sink but the only extrusion I can find has a 2" OD at the base, plenty of room for the transistors but might hinder some of the backplane mounting hardware.
    Last edited by Geegz; 03-18-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Screw it
    1.75"

The consensus is: No worky worky...... The junction from the channel and the fins won't transfer the heat. The project is being abandoned.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

---there is no replacement for displacement
    So a 1 piece fin is needed, correct?

Administrator
    That is it...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Damn, if you had a metal break you could just bend your own aluminum/copper flat stock. Or maybe fab a hydraulic setup
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

---
    I have measured and 2"x 6" X 1/16" rectangular aluminum tubing should work. Just cut off one end at stock length or leave them long at full 6". I am going to build a set. The high heat sensors will have to be mounted prior to assembly with counter sink screws from the back side. I am using six of these in my monster mono build in 1/4" wall. Say tuned. It's a little down (3or4) on my list. Need a full comp 400 first. Then finish referb of my original 700 series one then after that. In the mean time I am ordering the heat sink stock

edit: will need to use 4-40 screws for the counter sink holes as it will not work with 6-32 in the 1/16" stock chassi . 6-32 screws should be ok in Joe's new chassis as i think it is .188 wall
    Last edited by grapplesaw; 03-19-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    try the Lightening Bolt WOPL 1000 for a hair lifting experience today

Warning !!! Use only when you want to blown the town down

proud father of the only WOPL Fully Comp dual 500

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    I love threads like this, it's amazing the ingenuity this board has to make things work better
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by grapplesaw View Post
    I have measured and 2"x 6" X 1/16" rectangular aluminum tubing should work. Just cut off one end at stock length or leave them long at full 6". I am going to build a set. The high heat sensors will have to be mounted prior to assembly with counter sink screws from the back side. I am using six of these in my monster mono build in 1/4" wall. Say tuned. It's a little down (3or4) on my list. Need a full comp 400 first. Then finish referb of my original 700 series one then after that. In the mean time I am ordering the heat sink stock

edit: will need to use 4-40 screws for the counter sink holes as it will not work with 6-32 in the 1/16" stock chassi . 6-32 screws should be ok in Joe's new chassis as i think it is .188 wall
    How are you going to layout and drill the output holes Glen??