Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey All

New Around These Parts
    ---

Hey All

Hello from Northwest Arkansas. I've lurked around a little, but just started an account. You guys have a great forum here.

I have been into audio since I was young, but only fairly recently got into anything analog. I started out with a flimsy RCA turntable and now have a decent modified Technics SL-1200 I've been using for the last 5 or so years.

My Dad stopped by and recently gave me the task of transferring over his old cassette tapes to digital. In the process, I got hooked on yet another analog medium.

I bought a Nakamichi CR4A for myself and have been having fun recording my records over to some nice chrome tape.

I'm looking forward to learning more here.

Cody

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Welcome to Phoenix Cody. What hardware are you using for the conversion of the tapes?
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

A warm welcome to Phoenix Cody. Here's a Nav welcome babe for your pleasure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c_limit,h_1152,q_40,w_1390_http___images-origin_playboy_com_ogz4nxetbde6_6z5q2XjDl6oceIsuAsmGs8_.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	28416  
    If you get offended by the jokes and comments on here, go ahead and blame your parents... for raising a pussy.

New Around These Parts
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Welcome to Phoenix Cody. What hardware are you using for the conversion of the tapes?
    Nothing too fancy except the Nakamichi CR4A cassette deck I bought. From the deck, I'm running an RCA to auxiliary cable into the line in on my Thinkpad E570. I'm using Audacity to capture it all.

I may have to take a look at a better Analog to Digital converter in the future, but the built-in card is fine for now since I'm just exploring how everything works.

Administrator
    (and straight-up pimp stick!)
    Welcome aboard, Cody. There is a simple and inexpensive audio interface, which is quite popular, and I use it in my own system. It's a Behringer U-PHONO UFO202. (http://www.music-group.com/Categorie...UFO202/p/P0A12)

Good choices in cassette deck and turntable for your system.

Nando.

New Around These Parts
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite-ist View Post
    Welcome aboard, Cody. There is a simple and inexpensive audio interface, which is quite popular, and I use it in my own system. It's a Behringer U-PHONO UFO202. (http://www.music-group.com/Categorie...UFO202/p/P0A12)

Nando.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Behringer. I'll look into that. It is definitely well priced.

Screw it
    Welcome aboard Cody.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Always learning!
    Welcome Cody. Glad you jumped in.
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Welcome
    Turning Pristine Audio Gear into Junk One unit at a Time

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Welcome to Phoenix Cody
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car