Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geez Linear

New Around These Parts nogoodpig's Avatar
    It was broken when I took it apart---

Geez Linear

Hello to all,
    I'm new here, but old everywhere else, just turned 65.
    I've been threatening to resurrect my old PL400 for years, it's been stored for a few decades now. I'm the original owner of a 4 fin that I purchased back in the mid 70s along with a PL4000 to run an original set of Bose 901s. I was using a Marantz 2270 to run the speakers, but it just wasn't cutting it. The PL gear made them sing (as best they could anyway). Sure wish I still had that Marantz too!
    That amp never died while I was using it, but it dried up while being stored. The front panel is in quite good condition with just some minor nicks. The amp chassis is dusty and dirty, but not too bad. I have the PL4000 stored somewhere around here, but I'm unsure if I care to get it going again. I did have two wood cases, but I believe they were water damaged somehow and may have ended up in the dumpster, maybe... hmmm.
    I plan to give it at least a partial WOPL treatment, I'd feel better about connecting my new Elac UB5s to it if it's updated.
    I'm getting the bug again, I have some Magnepans stored somewhere too, I wonder what condition they're in? ... and then there's that NAD 2400THX amp in the garage too... and the three motorcycles that I don't ride anymore. No wonder I don't have any room!
    Thanks for letting me join. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once I get going.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Amen bud, welcome....we have a bit of fun here so join in. White Oak is the way to go on the 400.....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Always learning!
    Welcome NGP. Break out that gear and shoot some juice through it.....actually, use a bit of caution powering it up....

But know if you blow it someone here will walk you through the problem.

Lee, you're getting soft. C'mon...gotta ask how nogoodpig came about?

Care to share NGP?
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Administrator
    My bad, what up with the use name???????
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

New Around These Parts nogoodpig's Avatar
    It was broken when I took it apart---
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    My bad, what up with the use name???????
    Well, back when I was dating and meeting the opposite sex online, it was just intended to be funny. It did get attention and served as an icebreaker, go figure. These days it's just a name that no one else uses. I do go by NGP though, and my real name is Leo.
    I've been a working Electronic Technician for 45 years. These days I work on a target control (drones) system for the US Navy.

Spare me from your need of emotional rescue
    Quote Originally Posted by nogoodpig View Post
    These days I work on a target control (drones) system for the US Navy.

Tips my hat to you !
    | WOPL | Sony ES | B&W | Rotel | MoFi | AT | Denon | SoundMagic | Ultrasone | Cobalt Cable | PS Audio | Signet | Teac |

What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist. .... Salman Rushdie

Administrator
    Well, back when I was dating and meeting the opposite sex online, it was just intended to be funny. It did get attention and served as an icebreaker, go figure. These days it's just a name that no one else uses. I do go by NGP though, and my real name is Leo.
    I've been a working Electronic Technician for 45 years. These days I work on a target control (drones) system for the US Navy.

Amen Leo, got quite a few swabbies here....

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Welcome Leo!! Hope you get your 400 up and screaming soon!
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Administrator

. I had a 400 I nicknamed "The Pig".....

I almost think Geez Linear should've been your name.
    Nothing is misguided to it's creators, only the recipients who didn't want the expectation ruined for them.